What did you crash today

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Maiden flight on my sparrow. Didn't pay attention when setting up the flight controller and got roll backwords, the launch assist had a predictable outcome given the inverted roll response. Need to rebuild the nose as it hit the ground rather firmly.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I flew and crashed the eflite leader lol. Got two FANTASTIC flights on it, what a perfect plane, I love it! It flies on rails and is perfect for sport and pattern flying! Halfway through the third flight the battery decided to eject and took the canopy with it. I was in an inverted bank when it lost power so it slowly made several inverted circuits and landed perfectly inverted out in the middle of the field. It could have not landed in a better way, and the only damage was a slight crack in the rudder.
5EAA5117-DEC7-4267-AB16-5F8E5046EEC5.jpeg
361C0DA1-6517-4865-AFF4-150F61EC685F.jpeg
104A35B9-CBEE-4918-A989-EF3A35F02FBF.jpeg

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Flew the mini scout. Had some trouble with the controls not being centered but I put it up anyways. Flew very nicely (other than lacking in control). Flight ended in crash that tore firewall from the power pod. Already fixed all of the problems. Weather was nice and drizzly. Keeps the people away.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I flew and crashed the eflite leader lol. Got two FANTASTIC flights on it, what a perfect plane, I love it! It flies on rails and is perfect for sport and pattern flying! Halfway through the third flight the battery decided to eject and took the canopy with it. I was in an inverted bank when it lost power so it slowly made several inverted circuits and landed perfectly inverted out in the middle of the field. It could have not landed in a better way, and the only damage was a slight crack in the rudder.
View attachment 199475 View attachment 199476 View attachment 199477
Very lucky, now fix the hatch :)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
View attachment 199475 View attachment 199476 View attachment 199477
ttthat looks so much like a sig kobra

Burnhard

I managed to lose a FT Bushwacker and a FT Viggen on the same day last weekend.

Frist I was flying my Bushwacker. Literally on the last turn back to the airflied I got the speed and the flaps wrong and lost control. The Bushwacker was hanging in the air like a 3D plane (just that I cannot fly 3D). There was a bit of wind that carried it away behind a treeline and into a rapeseed field. I had a rough idea where it came down but when I walked to the field, the rapeseed was already chest high and the field was humming like a beehive. I walked in eventually but no chance of finding that Bushwacker.

This is where desaster was immanent. I had my Viggen with me at the field and with the FT Aura board in it I was way to confident in flying it. So I put the little Runcam on it facing downwards because I thougt its a bright idea to do some reconnaisance. Not such a bright idea to send one aircraft after another one I had already lost. So I took of, did a few turns over the field and then lost sight of the aircraft. In panick I switched on level assist and pulled up but I never saw that Viggen again. It took about 15 to 20 seconds before my radio lost contact.

I was very depressend of loosing my two favorite aircraft on the same day. Luckily someone at the airfiled made a few calls and an hour later we had a drone making pictures from above the rapeseed field. And we found the Bushwacker. With the geodata from the drone footage I got out the field the next day. However, the Viggen remains missing in action. I am still looking at drone pictures from the rapeseed fields but with the level assist on and me pulling the aircraft up, there is a very good chance that it flew until the battery died.

What did I learn?
  • Don't do your landing preparations in the last turn before you land
  • Careful with the flaps downwind
  • Avoid unclear terrain
  • If you lose line of sight, switch off throttle immediately (finding a crashed aircraft is probably better than no aircraft at all)
  • Buy a GPS tracker ;-)

YUN_0083.JPG

IMG_7253.jpg

Last edited:

Clapaucius

JB SimpleStick, my go to plane as of late. Would love to blame it on the electronics brown out, servo malfunction and the like, but.. no. I flew into the sun, lost orientation of the plane and dived it inverted into the ground all on my own. Wondering how many more of these poor Leopard motor will take, it survived two, so far.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@Burnhard depending on your failsafe, even with the FC it should have gone to zero throttle after signal loss, it might not be that far away...

For any FPV more serious than a backyard basher I usually go with some kind of RTH option. I like the Zohd kopilot myself.

mdcerdan

Elite member
This happens when you forget to glue your tail boom...

After launch the boom rotated the V-tail to a crazy angle and I was not able to recover it. Every input from the sticks made the situation worse so I just let it go down. Amazingly no damage at all only my pride was affected, luckily no one was looking.

After I got it straight again and a few drops of CA it flew like nothing happend.

vtail crash.jpeg

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Oh no! What happened?
Well for one I suck at hand launching! LOL! That was the result of a very hard belly landing, plane went straight up when I launched , managed to pull a loop to come out of it but just didn't quite have enough room to pull it off, all good gotta learn one way or the other. On the upside my Grifflyer L-39 flew beautifully, was not expecting how fast that was going to be, crashed it trying to be fancy but no damage to speak of , just need to reconnect the ESC and its good to go again. My FT P-40 I discovered has a dead aileron(guessing something has disconnected somewhere there) and my Beaver for the Bush Plane challenge seems to be severely underpowered which I'm thinking is a faulty ESC as I get zero beeps from it after I connect the power. So a somewhat successful day, could have been worse and I could have crashed all of them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: