Would any Aussie's like to see a FF Australia?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Whilst it would seem to be be good the local people in charge of the hobby and some of the strange insurance requirements would create a great disincentive.

For instance CASA allows national associations to demand compliance with association rules that effectively cause an operator to actually be required to operate in an unsafe manner and be in breach CASA regulations just to be allowed to fly!

CASA asks for photos of what the breaches are which means photos of hazards, radio operating firmware and radio spectrum congestion. No photos no CASA regulation enforcement. The ability to operate safety, as your equipment and the technology requires, here is non-existent.

I am battling to just be allowed to comply with CASA regulations against a national association and a local club in the Supreme Court. My advice is to avoid all organised events, national association membership, and NEVER join a club unless you do your research fully. None of them know what hazards are applicable, how the radios work, or even that the regulations require that CASA regulations must be complied with at all times.

Have fun!

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Whilst it would seem to be be good the local people in charge of the hobby and some of the strange insurance requirements would create a great disincentive.

For instance CASA allows national associations to demand compliance with association rules that effectively cause an operator to actually be required to operate in an unsafe manner and be in breach CASA regulations just to be allowed to fly!

CASA asks for photos of what the breaches are which means photos of hazards, radio operating firmware and radio spectrum congestion. No photos no CASA regulation enforcement. The ability to operate safety, as your equipment and the technology requires, here is non-existent.

I am battling to just be allowed to comply with CASA regulations against a national association and a local club in the Supreme Court. My advice is to avoid all organised events, national association membership, and NEVER join a club unless you do your research fully. None of them know what hazards are applicable, how the radios work, or even that the regulations require that CASA regulations must be complied with at all times.

Have fun!
OK, glad you let me know! Oh well it is what it is...

AussieBison

I was wondering if any of us Aussie's would like to see a FF Australia as I REALLY would like to myself. There isn't much FT stuff in Australia so a FF would be great!

would like to see a FF Aussie (but seems it's not conveniently doable), and would LOVE to see good foamboard options! I think there was a discussion in the past about importing DTFB / FT FB, but probably hasn't gone ahead. :/

junyper

I don't even fly RCs and would attend!

Lets find a old rural landing strip and meet up!

RE: Insurance, i'll sign a waver to attend.