'SPIT' roasted FB

TenienteDan

If I'm not mistaken, Krylon has a line of true camo colors. I think three. I've seen them on Amazon but I haven't used them. Krylon paints are what I use too.
Thank you.

I wanted to use these colors, https://www.targeta.co.uk/images/101_7261ww5.jpg.
But all olive greens that I found online in all nearby stores were out of stock... so I finally went with the green I had. I knew it wasn't quite what I wanted, but for being my first try at doing camo paint, the end result is wasnt that bad!
What do you think?
010238a3-0da3-4c47-a1b0-342667947107.jpg

I have the stickers ready, those are going to make the difference definitely!

Almost there! Tomorrow it will be finished (just showing the finished side :p)
spity.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Thank you.

But all olive greens that I found online in all nearby stores were out of stock... so I finally went with the green I had. I knew it wasn't quite what I wanted, but for being my first try at doing camo paint, the end result is wasnt that bad!
What do you think?
View attachment 202039

View attachment 202044
nice job (y)(y)

Anton005

Thank you.

What do you think?
View attachment 202039

View attachment 202044

Looks awesome!

I just painted mine too, slim pickings in the paint section everywhere. IMG_20210617_124034070.jpg

Paint is turning out to be the most expensive part of my builds.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
It’s going to be a bit until I build my spit, I’m currently working on a 5ft twin engine plane I built based off the simple stick…

TenienteDan

Do you use some sort of stencil? How do you get the pattern?

I basically did what he is doing in this video (
) min 3:24.
I put several pieces of masking tape together in parallel, and then cut the camo shapes with a stencil. This was the look of the plane before painting:
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 5.45.00 PM.jpeg

Looks awesome!

I just painted mine too, slim pickings in the paint section everywhere. View attachment 202110

Paint is turning out to be the most expensive part of my builds.

Thank you man! You camo pattern looks more realistic IMO, I like it! how does she fly?

Last edited:

Anton005

I put several pieces of masking tape together in parallel, and then cut the camo shapes with a stencil. This was the look of the plane before painting:
View attachment 202146

Thank you man! You camo patter looks more realistic IMO, I like it! how does she flies?
Thanks! It flies GREAT! First plane I built that didn't need any trimming. Make sure if you are handlaunching that you give it plenty of power, I learned that the hard way after the very first launch attempt went about 35 feet, then into the ground, LOL! It's a tough plane and didn't even take a scratch. Looking forward to aa lot of great flying with this one.

Anton

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
View attachment 202146

Thank you man! You camo patter looks more realistic IMO, I like it! how does she flies?
What’s the name of that video it won’t let me click the link

DazDaMan

Elite member
I'm debating whether or not to put squadron codes and serial numbers on it. The one I originally modelled it on didn't have them, and I kinda like that idea, but then also I'm a massive fan of the Battle of Britain film....!

Attachments

• Battle of Britain - scramble.jpg
    Battle of Britain - scramble.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0