Foamydm Seaplane challenge bat gl8der

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
so my simple soarer is built, and I cut out two very lightweight swappable floats to put onto the Simple Soarer. it flyies nice, but I am trying to figure out how to make a powered nose for a lightweight ppa motor

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Finished it up. as you can see I am using a power pack a motor, on a 3s 1300, with an extra AA in the front for it to balance. I had to fix the tail, when I had gotten it stuck in a tree on a maiden with the motor, and so that added tons of tail weight. waiting for the weather to cool down. I will be making this with all the needed pieces from the simple soarer as plans for any willing beta builders, who are willing to try this on water, As I do not have anything near me where to try it, and I do not trust my skills. As you can see in the picture, a 6 inch prop will be constantly touching the water so, it will not work. I would recommend it with a 3 or 4 inch prop and the smae combo of electronics, as it was overpowered with a 6 inch prop on 2s. 3s with a 6 inch will need to be limited to lower than 60 percent as that was what I was using on 2s. any tips on other motor placement to allow for larger props? would be happy to change it while I can.
20210728_143307.jpg
20210728_143300.jpg

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
It Flew!! video might be later plans done but not tiled. for now they are not tiled. for nowI will try to fix it after the crash. I will be building a mini scout for now since I have a smaller place, so I might step away for some time. what I would love though, is if some beta builders would step up would nice.

Attachments

• seaplane glider plans.pdf
    59.1 KB · Views: 0

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
It Flew!! video might be later plans done but not tiled. for now they are not tiled. for nowI will try to fix it after the crash. I will be building a mini scout for now since I have a smaller place, so I might step away for some time. what I would love though, is if some beta builders would step up would nice.
whats ur wingspan?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
oh it might be a scaled down simple soarer
Oh
Its full size.
and it flies on PPA?? how many cells?
would it fly on a PPF 3s?
Before, a 2s 800, with a 6 by 3 prop, and 2 AA as nose weight. N9w, a 3s 1300, a 4 by 4.5 prop, should be more than enough thrust, and the prop is small enough to not touch the ground when it wits, so taxi on water may work.
Also some progress, I added an led so that it looks cool like a machine gun, but could also be used to see the propeller during sunset flights. I used an old sevo modified for the on off switch, to controll the led from the remote. Here's a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16O_2ECmkTlMhWHQD7xZvPSo6N1VW1uoK/view?usp=drivesdk that wasme turning in off from remote
20210730_142240.jpg

Attachments

• 20210730_142159.jpg
    20210730_142159.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Oh
Its full size.

Before, a 2s 800, with a 6 by 3 prop, and 2 AA as nose weight. N9w, a 3s 1300, a 4 by 4.5 prop, should be more than enough thrust, and the prop is small enough to not touch the ground when it wits, so taxi on water may work.
Also some progress, I added an led so that it looks cool like a machine gun, but could also be used to see the propeller during sunset flights. I used an old sevo modified for the on off switch, to controll the led from the remote. Here's a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16O_2ECmkTlMhWHQD7xZvPSo6N1VW1uoK/view?usp=drivesdk that wasme turning in off from remote View attachment 204489
gosh i would never have thought the simple soarer would have flown off of a Power pack A or F:eek:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
gosh i would never have thought the simple soarer would have flown off of a Power pack A or F:eek:
by the way, on a ppa I had to [ut in a mix so that for 100 percent throttle the elevator would move down 80 percent for it to not stall, but really I am only planning on flying it maximum 20ft high anyways, as I am on a school field.