New FPV Combat Gear

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Just saw this video:

I was pretty excited to hear and see people testing FPV Combat stuff a while ago but I sort of forgot about it until FT did theirs and now I see this video.

Anyone else here know anything about this stuff? I'm definitely going to be doing this!

Last edited:

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
VAS has them in stock, well they have 2 less than earlier this morning ;)

Untitled.png

Planning to build 2x 70% scale FT Spears. I have built this wing in the past and used 2205 motor and then can fly 1300/1550 4S battery for some rippin fun.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
VAS has them in stock, well they have 2 less than earlier this morning ;)

Haha, same. 😂

Im not sure what I'll build them on yet. Was thinking i might use Lidl chuck gliders like i already do with my boys but they might get a little heavy with the extra gear.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Haha, same. 😂

I'm not sure what I'll build them on yet. Was thinking i might use Lidl chuck gliders like i already do with my boys but they might get a little heavy with the extra gear.
You fly the Lidl gliders FPV? If you got the Micro FPV Combat board that would certainly help keep the weight down. https://www.videoaerialsystems.com/products/combat-micro?_pos=1&_sid=03fb123a6&_ss=r

I'd love to build up some WWII planes, like the Zero or some Mustangs, and put the systems in them. Maybe that will happen later this year, or over next winter.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Came in the mail today!
PXL_20210709_163556390.jpg

One plane is now about 90% completed, the second is around 60-70% done.

I did change the pins that came soldered on it to vertical ones. Stock left and vertical pins right.
PXL_20210709_183417825.jpg

Did a quick test with the built up plane and then the other gear just on the jeep hood.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
You could probably even mount it on a NERF gun to make some hand held AAA for them. They don't really need the FPV, maybe hookup some LEDs to know when their systems are "Ready."
Great minds think alike! ;)

My plan precisely since my kids are nerf fanatics we have no shortage of spare worn out guns...

They have a pretty cool "fort" Was thinking of a way to leave a cool target for me to shoot back at and still have it be a game...

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Great minds think alike! ;)

My plan precisely since my kids are nerf fanatics we have no shortage of spare worn out guns...

They have a pretty cool "fort" Was thinking of a way to leave a cool target for me to shoot back at and still have it be a game...
Just put the IR sensor on their guns, on top of the barrel. Give them like 3 lives and one you hit them 3 times it locks them out...till you reset with a remote.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Hello guys, how did I missed this new thread?!
I’m the developer of the system, I’ll keep an eye here as well!
It’s cool to see people starting using it!
Awsome!
Got one bird together, hope to have the system set up for trial run soon!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I've had the two planes built for months now :( need to find some time to get out with my friend and fly though.
My kids are started, but not quite combat ready lol. Thats why I'm going to set up ground stations at first i think, then they can try to shoot me down.