Bush Plane Build Challenge II

Taildragger

Legendary member
Here is video link, poor Bart:eek:

After reviewing two things jump out at me, I did not notice the elevator had some up to it and that I had put the battery from the Racer into Black Bart when it should have been a 4s 2250 not a 3s 2200 , so I was tail heavy in the end. Can't believe I didn't do a CG check. Another foot higher and i would have landed in waist high bush and grass
Looks like that racer taught you hand launching is a pain lol
I like ground takeoffs because you can feel if somethings wrong before you have to commit

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Chunkier, heavier, uglier... V2.5 is ready for maiden, didn't make it before sundown but ill get her up soon!
20210801_222601.jpg
Did put a little more effort into this wing, better profile (and much better servos 🙄)
20210801_222805.jpg
And of course, fpv ready for the best possible view of the crash! Lol

Test Fly RC

Elite member
I'm going to edit my video soon!

Sorry that I'm going to upload my video on the last day of the challenge, I think I said that I was going to post or probably post another video(s) before today (Sunday) ,but better later than never!
Ok, so I'm going to start editing my video very soon!
So I said earlier I was going to edit my video soon, I guess its probably been a little more than soon or is it relative?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I'm thinking of some modifications to the challenge for next year. Maybe make it easier for people that dont actually want to destroy their planes compete! 🤣 any suggestions let me know!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
yep I suck at hand launching :ROFLMAO:
Its a good skill to work on. I hand launch as much, probably more than i use gear. Really opens up the places you can fly. Most planes can easily make good belly landers!

Most people run into problems because they are hesitant to commit. Give it a lot of throttle and a good solid throw. Focus on getting speed before you "fly" the plane and it'll work out (most of the time lol)