The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
It is slightly though. We use a setup like this in free flight but the rpms are so low that the one less blade makes a difference and that if it failed it's a balsa prop and it's not going fast, and it's engineered to work that way, not Jerry rigged. I'll post a picture of one I have when I get a chance. But in his case, like you said, it isn't any more efficient if anything it's less.
Yeah, it’s only done with rubber free flight and I’ve heard helis.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
This book is the best.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
quick thing.... from your experience are apc's stronger than the 'standard' props?
i spoke with my cousin the other day and he mentioned that he found them more brittle

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
seems like ill just have to get APC's.... as the store that has the mas props.... doesn't have good quality batteries......
ill get MAS props some other time

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
for sure it wouldn't need to be involved in war.... put if you secure a weight to the one side of a broken prop, then as stated in my signature it ought to be more efficient, than a 2 bladed prop:unsure:, there's only one way to find out...... once its properly balanced i see no reason why it cant work
I don't think you should do it, but if you just wanna know if it would work, rotor riot did a video on it where they made 1 blade props and put them on quads.

Status
Not open for further replies.