FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
bEautiful. Let's get some running video of it! And then some flight video.

Not enough glow and gas content on this site.
Sorry, but that's probably not gonna happen...
I still need to learn to fly...
And I don't have a field with a large enough area for it...

I'm probably going to sell it ..

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
we had a club picnic today and scored this and another as a door prize.

think i'm gonna like this LiL Fokker...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

20211106_163328.jpg

20211106_163313.jpg

was an awesome day of flying and talking.

laters,

me

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
thought getting to the field and racing early would be a good idea. less heat, no direct sun, magic hour as they call it. turns out the lighting is horrible and you cant see nothing. we tried for awhile but finally gave up and went flying.

this is me driving LOS after throwing in the towel. you can see how bad the view was.

still fun though...

me :cool:

That is exactly why I tell people AIO cameras or cameras with only presets are bad. If that was properly adjusted you would have zero issue driving even a half hour to a full hour before that time. that washing out when facing the sun then going dark when not is exactly the thing to show these are all set up as static INDOOR cameras with zero consideration for fast changing light.

EDIT: hahah oops... seems I already posted a similar reply earlier... Disregard and carry on...

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
getting geared up for Veteran's day. gotta have a bad guy and why not the FW-109 i got at the picnic?

20211108_152904.jpg

using clear gorilla glue which i haven't used much other than the battle chicken. other than taking too long to cure, it seems pretty solid.

laters,

me :cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I decided to take advantage of Horizon’s pre-black Friday sale and ordered a umx turbo timber. It should be here before the end of the week. I’m eager to see how it compares to my original umx timber.

Taildragger

Legendary member
I decided to take advantage of Horizon’s pre-black Friday sale and ordered a umx turbo timber. It should be here before the end of the week. I’m eager to see how it compares to my original umx timber.
i wanted to get it as well, $112 is a steal but i don't have money lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
i wanted to get it as well, $112 is a steal but i don't have money lol
Too bad, $112 is a steal for sure. Last time I was mad at myself for not getting the geebee when it went on sale for $90 then they discontinued it, so I decided not to make the same mistake twice. 😂

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Got a couple of engines, nothing really special. ;)

PXL_20211118_233928800.MP.jpg

Three Kavan FK50s and two Saito 300T's. No, I did not pay market price for them. Not anywhere close. That's the great thing about old modelers who just want to downsize and don't care about actually making any money. :)

The Kavan on the plexiglass stand has never even run. Immediately it went to the RCGroups classified because I have no interest in holding onto an engine that I'm not going to run that still has premium collector's value, especially while I have two other ones with runtime on them that I could just use instead. Once I test run all the other ones I'll also start selling them and hold onto probably one of each since my odds of getting another Kavan for this cheap is pretty much nil.

Speaking of that; I will need to mix up a custom blend of fuel for the Kavans since they have wet sump lubrication and require very little oil in the fuel. I think in the manual they specify 2% or something crazy low compared to normal engines.

There's also a 1/4 scale cub in the background. The guy threw that in at the end because he kept complaining about it getting in his way. :ROFLMAO:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Egads.... Starting over from scratch with a fresh OS image is alwayzes a PITA! USB/Serial permissions, Missing Libraries, installing configurators, etc.... At least I can compare and copy from my old OS image.

KISS
iNav
BetaFlight
dRonin
Mission Planner
etc....

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

View attachment 211981

Three Kavan FK50s and two Saito 300T's. No, I did not pay market price for them. Not anywhere close. That's the great thing about old modelers who just want to downsize and don't care about actually making any money. :)

The Kavan on the plexiglass stand has never even run. Immediately it went to the RCGroups classified because I have no interest in holding onto an engine that I'm not going to run that still has premium collector's value, especially while I have two other ones with runtime on them that I could just use instead. Once I test run all the other ones I'll also start selling them and hold onto probably one of each since my odds of getting another Kavan for this cheap is pretty much nil.

Speaking of that; I will need to mix up a custom blend of fuel for the Kavans since they have wet sump lubrication and require very little oil in the fuel. I think in the manual they specify 2% or something crazy low compared to normal engines.

There's also a 1/4 scale cub in the background. The guy threw that in at the end because he kept complaining about it getting in his way. :ROFLMAO:
I’m majorly jealous. :sneaky:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I just ordered a new prop for the pilot rc yak. I caught the old one on the edge of the car when transporting it. It was starting to crack anyways so I wanted to replace it so it’s not a big deal. The new prop is the same as the last one, a xoar 23x8.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
@Mr NCT .... i was just flying the Dr1 in Phoenix 6.... does it really fly so ridiculously slowly???
and is it true that it can hover on 1/2 -3/4 throttle???
because.. wow it is an incredible model to fly...
i also really like the way the explorer flies... oh yea and the sea otter also is a really nice model... the ft Arrow is a bit too fast and twitchy for me at the moment... but it looks like I'm building an explorer, and finishing the dr1....
the pietenpol is also quite an impressive little plane

Taildragger

Legendary member

View attachment 211981

O my goodness those saitos :love:
they just look pretty, probably run good too!
BTW, what cub is in the background?