Votes: 1 3.8%
  • January 1st

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • EXTENSION

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
All skins have been installed, made a grill for the front and a first coat of clear has been applied . I have a little bit of "body work":LOL: to do tonight , finish the white on the front of the cowl, and another coat of clear and then she is pretty much done other than connecting up my control surfaces. Really thinking I should have a door on this just to make things a little easier for battery etc.
IMG_20211018_070245814_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211018_070015699.jpg

cyclone3350

Master member
All skins have been installed, made a grill for the front and a first coat of clear has been applied . I have a little bit of "body work":LOL: to do tonight , finish the white on the front of the cowl, and another coat of clear and then she is pretty much done other than connecting up my control surfaces. Really thinking I should have a door on this just to make things a little easier for battery etc.
View attachment 210018 View attachment 210019

What did U use for the grill?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
View attachment 210018 View attachment 210019
A piece of foam with vinyl on it for the grill??

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
What did U use for the grill?
Yeah its something my wife uses from the dollar store , think its used for needlework or something like that, made of maybe 2mm plastic and comes in a sheet say the size of a sheet of normal printer paper. I just cut the piece at a 45 degree from the grid itself to get that diamond look. bit of glue around the edge to hold it in. still needs to be painted but I got the look I wanted.

cyclone3350

Master member
Well I'm probably going to practice balsa techniques on some smaller builds first but after that I plan on making my first large scale plane, which is crazy to think this plane is from 1986!!
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=12510

I hope U get to that one. I have viewed those plans many times myself and found it to be the finest example of the Super Cruiser out there.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Made a few mods since maiden to help it fly better. A rodent munched on my tires to lighten them up a bit. Must have been yummy cuz he chewed quite a bit off both wheels....

IMG_20211018_140125494.jpg

Dialed gains back on the stabilizer, and most importantly, tubed the tail pushrods to keep them from flexing. Left rudder and up elevator were VERY succeptable to pushrod flex and lack of authority.
IMG_20211018_135441383.jpg

Recentered trims and servos.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Made a few mods since maiden to help it fly better. A rodent munched on my tires to lighten them up a bit. Must have been yummy cuz he chewed quite a bit off both wheels....

View attachment 210035

Dialed gains back on the stabilizer, and most importantly, tubed the tail pushrods to keep them from flexing. Left rudder and up elevator were VERY succeptable to pushrod flex and lack of authority.
View attachment 210036

Recentered trims and servos.
lemonrx for the color of the plane

Taildragger

Legendary member
I hope U get to that one. I have viewed those plans many times myself and found it to be the finest example of the Super Cruiser out there.
I think the cruiser is a little overshadowed by the pa-18. the reason why I'm not doing the PA-18 is because I want to make a model of the cruiser owned by the man who got me into flying in the first place
1634584191150.png

also I think its a really flashy color scheme for the cruiser

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Egads, guess I need to weed out the saggy batteries in my hanger. Got the FT Cub up, and quickly realized that Captain SagsAlot was in control... >sigh< It's foamboard, it'll bend back. LOL So my UMX Turbo Timber which is smaller has bigger wheels. LOL!
IMG_20211018_171708252_HDR.jpg