Mighty Mini Kitfox Speedster (BETA)

Mighty Mini Kitfox Speedster (BETA) 3.0

Please log in to download

Taildragger

Legendary member
Taildragger submitted a new resource:

Mighty Mini Kitfox Speedster (BETA) - A fast, manueverable alternitave to the Mighty Mini Kitfox STi

If you are confused about how some parts got together, please wait to build until Christmas Day (Dec. 25th), when I will be releasing a build video.

After making my Kitfox STi, I wondered if there was a way to make this plane more sporty, and I remembered the full-size Kitfox Speedster. I quickly modified my kitfox design to have a shorter wingspan, more aerodynamic full-length ailerons, and aerodynamic spring gear (with wheel pants!).
This plane...

Read more about this resource...

Taildragger

Legendary member
What about the STi version?
The STi (STOL inspired) has a larger wingspan and lighter wing loading, it's basically slower and easier to fly
The Speedster (this one) is a lot heavier on its wings, will probably have aggressive stalls, and is a very fast flyer similar to the baby baron by @SP0NZ

Bo123

Elite member
The STi (STOL inspired) has a larger wingspan and lighter wing loading, it's basically slower and easier to fly
The Speedster (this one) is a lot heavier on its wings, will probably have aggressive stalls, and is a very fast flyer similar to the baby baron by @SP0NZ
How much lager wingspan??

Crazed Scout Pilot

Just finished with my Kitfox build looks to be lots of epic fun!
IMG_8459.JPG

IMG_8460.JPG
IMG_8461.JPG

The skins were well designed as well as the air frame! Love the whole airplane, think it should be an FT speed build kit!!!!!!

Crazed Scout Pilot

This is my update on my KitFox Speedster. I took it out for a maiden this morning and it was super fun but the airplane has some interesting characteristics.
I could not get it to take of from the ground. The 1806 motor is strong enough to fly it but not to take it off from the ground. The other thing is that after I threw it, it flew fine as long as I did nothing sharp, no sharp elevator or rudder, because the 1806 doesn't have enough power to pull it out. I just stalls out and then twirls to the ground. The airplane is remarkably tough so not much damage is sustained. I plan to try my 2206 motor on it I think it will perform a lot better. But right now my 2206 motor is in my F-16 that is stuck in a tree. My final remarks are these: This was a great beta build, it performed really well. But this is not a beginner plane. I have built everything from the FT EZ V to the swappable A-10 with Scouts, Spitfires, P-40s, Simple Cubs, and much else in between and this is a harder airplane to fly. This airplane is for someone who knows what they're doing. But let me end positively, I was not did appointed with the build it is a wonderful, fun airplane to fly.
Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 1.25.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 1.27.33 PM.png

I hope that if you chose to build this you have a great time flying.

Taildragger

Legendary member
This is my update on my KitFox Speedster. I took it out for a maiden this morning and it was super fun but the airplane has some interesting characteristics.
I could not get it to take of from the ground. The 1806 motor is strong enough to fly it but not to take it off from the ground. The other thing is that after I threw it, it flew fine as long as I did nothing sharp, no sharp elevator or rudder, because the 1806 doesn't have enough power to pull it out. I just stalls out and then twirls to the ground. The airplane is remarkably tough so not much damage is sustained. I plan to try my 2206 motor on it I think it will perform a lot better. But right now my 2206 motor is in my F-16 that is stuck in a tree. My final remarks are these: This was a great beta build, it performed really well. But this is not a beginner plane. I have built everything from the FT EZ V to the swappable A-10 with Scouts, Spitfires, P-40s, Simple Cubs, and much else in between and this is a harder airplane to fly. This airplane is for someone who knows what they're doing. But let me end positively, I was not did appointed with the build it is a wonderful, fun airplane to fly. View attachment 239249
View attachment 239250
I hope that if you chose to build this you have a great time flying.
Awesome looking! Look out for a V2 that should fly better (I haven't built it yet though so idk)

What power setup did you use? prop? battery?