Piper Pawnee Brave 40%

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Winter project here I come! It’s that time of year again to start on that one big project for the next flying season. This year, I’ll be doing the Piper Pawnee Brave in a 40% scale. Should have W/S around 186” and a length of around 132” with the rudder on. Power probably a 6374 149kv with a 28x10 prop. I expect it will need something like a 10-15 amp-hour pack. 2 Piece fuselage because I sure as hell can’t fit 11 feet in the car, and 3 piece or even 4 piece wing. All balsa and covered in monokote(Possibly fabric). Going for a lightweight build here at around 20-30 pounds.

download.jpeg

I plan to do the scale fuselage framing, so drew that up for building when the wood arrives

Screenshot 2022-01-19 10.37.04 PM.png
As parts come in and work progresses, I'll update this thread.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
I know that I will need some sort of power expander for this, (16 servos), Anyone know any that would support this that arent a powerbox?

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Winter project here I come! It’s that time of year again to start on that one big project for the next flying season. This year, I’ll be doing the Piper Pawnee Brave in a 40% scale. Should have W/S around 186” and a length of around 132” with the rudder on. Power probably a 6374 149kv with a 28x10 prop. I expect it will need something like a 10-15 amp-hour pack. 2 Piece fuselage because I sure as hell can’t fit 11 feet in the car, and 3 piece or even 4 piece wing. All balsa and covered in monokote(Possibly fabric). Going for a lightweight build here at around 20-30 pounds.

View attachment 216668
I plan to do the scale fuselage framing, so drew that up for building when the wood arrives

View attachment 216669
As parts come in and work progresses, I'll update this thread.
Why don’t you go gas? I think you’ll get more performance out of it try a tr 32 cc on hobby king or bigger 😁

OliverW

Legendary member
Go for the GP38 if you can. GP is the best bang for your buck with the best quality on market right now.