FT Storch plans

Mickb

Hi
I once downloaded the plans for the simple storch a while ago and was going to build it with my son but the plans somehow ended up on the garage floor and it rained, garage leaked, plans got rendered unusable. Try printing plans out again and for some reason prints only part of the plans via this wierd and unsequential page order and get this notification saying it failed to print.Have downloaded to separate file as advised and I'm aware that flitetest at this point in time aren't doing the free plans now is there something in this that affects the the old free plans that were easily available or is it something else?

Bo123

Elite member
Hi
I once downloaded the plans for the simple storch a while ago and was going to build it with my son but the plans somehow ended up on the garage floor and it rained, garage leaked, plans got rendered unusable. Try printing plans out again and for some reason prints only part of the plans via this wierd and unsequential page order and get this notification saying it failed to print.Have downloaded to separate file as advised and I'm aware that flitetest at this point in time aren't doing the free plans now is there something in this that affects the the old free plans that were easily available or is it something else?
It is not Flite Test's fault. They have said they they will offer all the plans that they have released already for free. I believe it might be a problem with your printer/printing software.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi
All flite Tests original plans are here
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/sp0nz-plans-index.17136/

Mickb

It is not Flite Test's fault. They have said they they will offer all the plans that they have released already for free. I believe it might be a problem with your printer/printing software.
Hi there.
I do believe problem is solved, I was trying to print out the plans using my mobile phone but when I went on to my laptop it worked first go so there must have been a hiccup of some kind with the printing app on my phone so yes you were correct and thank you kindly for your response.
Just an aside, I wasn't in any way blaming flitetest was just trying to figure out what was happening, I actually support 110% the direction flitetest had to take with their plans these days, all because some other p.o.s entities wanted to profit from their work but somehow it was labelled as flitetest's responsibility if a product went south.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi there.
I do believe problem is solved, I was trying to print out the plans using my mobile phone but when I went on to my laptop it worked first go so there must have been a hiccup of some kind with the printing app on my phone so yes you were correct and thank you kindly for your response.

Never, ever, ever, print the plans from your phone or a web browser. Always print from a PDF application. I always point folks to Adobe Reader since they are the creators of the PDF format and you will usually get good results printing from Reader. I wrote this article a while back, but it still holds true today...

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/printing-flite-test-plans