The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

skymaster

Elite member
@skymaster Do you mean philosophically or practically?

Heres a question: Do you live where people typically return their shopping carts?

I have a hard time seing that working in any kind of rural community, things are just too spread out. I do understand the sentiment of looking at the things that people just get rid of rather than fix and thinking there is some way to make use of it. All of my bikes came from a junkyard when I was a kid. I had a gearhead uncle who was always pulling things from the dump and fixing them up. I cant tell you how many mowers that just needed the carb cleaned or bikes that just needed a tube were salvaged.

Might I suggest, if community good will is what you're after, to do like my uncle did and fix all the old bikes you can find and give them to those in the community that need them.

skymaster

Elite member
@skymaster Do you mean philosophically or practically?

Heres a question: Do you live where people typically return their shopping carts?

I have a hard time seing that working in any kind of rural community, things are just too spread out. I do understand the sentiment of looking at the things that people just get rid of rather than fix and thinking there is some way to make use of it. All of my bikes came from a junkyard when I was a kid. I had a gearhead uncle who was always pulling things from the dump and fixing them up. I cant tell you how many mowers that just needed the carb cleaned or bikes that just needed a tube were salvaged.

Might I suggest, if community good will is what you're after, to do like my uncle did and fix all the old bikes you can find and give them to those in the community that need them.
it's not that they need to retun the bike the bike will stay on the street for any one to use no charge. if you get a bunch of bike's and tell people what it's all about. use it leave it on the street for some one to use. i see people go get on the train to go down town and when they get back their bike's are missing parts. this way they use the bike to get there not worry when they get back.

Bo123

Elite member
769077FB-1617-40FF-BF47-B6839E707BCA.jpeg

I guess this is off topic? The lighting and sound setup for my school musical. I have to do the lighting. Show starts in about an hour and a half soooo…..

Hondo76251

Legendary member
it's not that they need to retun the bike the bike will stay on the street for any one to use no charge. if you get a bunch of bike's and tell people what it's all about. use it leave it on the street for some one to use. i see people go get on the train to go down town and when they get back their bike's are missing parts. this way they use the bike to get there not worry when they get back.
Interesting concept but it kind of feels like it goes against what I've come to understand about human nature. Ive seen the public e-scooter things in Denver and I was trying to figure the economics of such a program. They do require a small rental fee but it looked like it was going to be a full time job to keep them gathered up and serviceable. People seemed to leave them everywhere, anywhere. I'm not sure the program seemed self sustaining, though it was an interesting novelty to see for a cowboy from out in the boonies! 😂

luvmy40

Elite member
Interesting concept but it kind of feels like it goes against what I've come to understand about human nature. Ive seen the public e-scooter things in Denver and I was trying to figure the economics of such a program. They do require a small rental fee but it looked like it was going to be a full time job to keep them gathered up and serviceable. People seemed to leave them everywhere, anywhere. I'm not sure the program seemed self sustaining, though it was an interesting novelty to see for a cowboy from out in the boonies! 😂
A lot of those electric scooter schemes use freelance labor to collect and charge the scooters. I.e., you register with the company and download an app that locates the scooters showing a low charge. You get paid for every scooter you collect, charge and return to service.

Whether the plan actually works or not I couldn'y say. I do see something similar on every college campus I work on, and that's quite a few.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well actually just for more off-topic stuff I got the Corvette today, but also picked up a couple other models. Also tomorrow I’m getting the revel
image.jpg
Ford bronco in the mail not to mention today the covering for the super sportster showed up

Off-topic jes

Elite member
I crawled out of the depths of the west coast and have emerged again. Some things I got/ have been working on. Also have a mamba 60 that is supposed to show up this weekend. View attachment 229276 View attachment 229277 View attachment 229278 View attachment 229279 View attachment 229280 View attachment 229281
Now that’s a nice shop! my friend I have found that if you’re into the hobby your shop will always be cluttered doesn’t seem like my grandpa understands that because I’m working in his barn but still very nice