A new level of stupid

Gazoo

This is absolutely not true the receiver needs to be powered up with the bind plug installed. Then either ( depending on transmitter } hold in the bind button while powering up the radio or go into the menu and select bind.

Or are you stating with the receiver powered up already and inserting the bind plug will not go into bind mode.

I have various DSMX DSM2 ( different manufacture's ) around 80 of them and there is not one that does not failsafe to throttle off and controls hold last position IF i do not set my own failsafe. So I am not understanding some of your comments.

Or I may be confused of what you are saying.
I am confused as well. Maybe I'm one of the stupid people. I usually power up the plane with the prop removed and transmitter off, after binding. If the motor does not spin up, that's good. If I turn on the transmitter and throttle up and then turn the transmitter off, the motor should stop. It always has, with the exception of one receiver. I'm not sure how to set it to kill the throttle if the transmitter is lost. But, to be honest, I just don't use that one.

It must be in the documentation of the receiver. I would assume that most receivers use the same method to set the "failsafe". I'll take a look.

Is this more or less correct?
1. Put bind plug on receiver
2. Power up receiver (shows blinking light)
3. Set controls into "failsafe" position on transmitter (throttle down, slight left rudder)
4. Power up transmitter with bind switch on
5. Receiver binds and initializes
6. Remove bind plug
Done

I realize that it all depends on the brand of receiver and transmitter. But, am I close?

Bricks

Master member
Yes you are but depending on the receiver unless specifically set the receiver for a specific failsafe then throttle cuts and last surface input is held. You have to get the receiver into the correct mode to preset failsafe.

Gazoo

OK, so what I think you are saying:
If I deflect the controls while turning the transmitter off, one of the three things will happen...
A. The motor will stop and the control surfaces will go to "failsafe" positions.
B. The motor will stop and the control surfaces will stay in whatever states were last commanded.
C. The motor and control surfaces will stay in the last commanded states.

Gazoo

The only way to know would be to turn the transmitter off while the controls are deflected and throttle is on.

Piotrsko

Master member
What could possibly go wrong with that test? Hmmm.... I have 3 foot of expensive custom wainscotting with prop marks every 3"

Bricks

Master member
The only way to know would be to turn the transmitter off while the controls are deflected and throttle is on.

This ^^^^^ is how I always check my failsafe my biggest concern is being sure the motor stops when signal is lost the rest I don`t care about. As Piotrskio make darn sure the prop is off or at least hang on to the model incase throttle goes wide open..