Ok to use high powered motor on smaller planes?

agupt108

I was wondering if it was ok to use a power pack C 2218 motor on a power pack B rated plane? Thank you! e.g. the simple cub
If yes, does anyone have a link for one off amazon? I can only find 2217's and 2835-6

Last edited:

Inq

Elite member
Self explanatory...

and...
more is better...

1675127766148.png

Timmy

Legendary member
I was wondering if it was ok to use a power pack C 2218 motor on a power pack B rated plane? Thank you! e.g. the simple cub
If yes, does anyone have a link for one off amazon? I can only find 2217's and 2835-6
Should be fine as long as your C pack stuff isn't significantly heavier.

Foamforce

Fwiw, you generally shouldn’t need to add dead weight to the FT designs to make them balance. I’ve built over ten so far and haven’t had to add any yet. Every bit of weight you add makes a plane a little more challenging to fly.

agupt108

Fwiw, you generally shouldn’t need to add dead weight to the FT designs to make them balance. I’ve built over ten so far and haven’t had to add any yet. Every bit of weight you add makes a plane a little more challenging to fly.
Ok i will keep that in mind on my next build...thank you! So do you think the motor weight (4 grams more than the b pack battery) will trouble flying experience? Or is it insignificant enough to ignore.

Foamforce

Ok i will keep that in mind on my next build...thank you! So do you think the motor weight (4 grams more than the b pack battery) will trouble flying experience? Or is it insignificant enough to ignore.

The C pack motor is about 20g more, according to the store, and the C pack ESC is bigger too, although it doesn’t list the weights. Maybe it’s 5g more, so 25g more overall? It won’t make a big difference, but it will make some difference.

skymaster

Elite member
2217 is just the size of the the motor the next number is torque or speed 2835-6 is for speed with a smaller prop. and you are going to have a speed daemon Cub with maybe a 6x4 prop

agupt108

The C pack motor is about 20g more, according to the store, and the C pack ESC is bigger too, although it doesn’t list the weights. Maybe it’s 5g more, so 25g more overall? It won’t make a big difference, but it will make some difference.
Ok thank you I'll try the C motor and see if it works out!