Blohm und Voss BV-141

Plane Blohm und Voss BV-141 1.something

Please log in to download
Type
Build Plan (PDF, AI, etc.)
The date of the annual flying club's foam board and/or junk plane competition is looming overhead like the constant threat of fuel shortages for Goehring’s Luftwaffe, so I decided I'd quickly sketch up an atrocity of an airplane fitting of the event. Previous years had the XF8B-1, Master series IL-2, and Twin twirl, so I thought I'd ditch the whole cliché symmetrical design fad and build a properly lopsided aircraft. From that thought came this, the BV-141. I just quickly traced out a 3 view in fusion and exported the faces to inkscape relatively successfully. As I'm lazy, I decided not to color code score cuts differently from cut throughs, but I hope you can figure it out yourself. If you run into any issues just ask me and I should be able to help. On that note,

Assembly:
  • bevel the inside surface of all the observation pod pieces
  • stagger the breaks in the wingspar for increased strength
  • trim about 5-15mm from the bottom of the wingtip trailing edge to keep from interfering with the aileron and cut a trapezoidal piece of scrap foam to support the aileron (different for each build, on my own it was a significant difference in the amount that had to be trimmed on each side)
  • glue firewall mount to the front of the fuselage
  • us a bbq skewer brace to strengthen h-stab
  • cut a battery hatch anywhere, my personal favorite location is the right wingtip
  • balance at about 1/4-1/3 of wing chord from LE of course
  • put servos wherever you like, even put them on the control surfaces and glue the control horn to the airplane if you’re feeling bold
Flight:
  • Good Luck, you'll need it
    2374466A-FEE5-4EA1-895A-CF0A7F370FA4.jpeg
    C6935AB0-5399-4F70-AFB1-C4F64D09F951.jpeg
    692E829A-F9EF-4379-9672-F67DB96E36A8.jpeg
    2C4D4C5B-732E-476A-B551-8951077F226D.jpeg
    921AE1FF-F757-4813-AFB1-827CE910B535.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Don’t worry, it’s uglier in person. But you know what they say, beauty is only skin deep, and foam board planes entire structure is technically just the aircraft’s skin so something something philosophy.
Author
Ryan O.
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Ryan O.