“Fly as hard as you can” challenge!

OliverW

Legendary member
That was some seriously cool flying @mach1 rc ! I just looked up the Sukhoi, and it is on my list of rtf planes to buy now! Pretty high up since I want a good 3D plane that looks cool and this seems to be a really good option. I actually had never heard of it before you mentioned it. Tha other planes that I would consider are the eflite extra 300 and some of the flex innovation planes. Also, @SquirrelTail have you ever flown the Hangar 9 Sukhoi?
I have not. I would like to tho

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The mamba is floppier and doesn't have as much punch as the extra. The extra screams and excels at XA. It just needs to be flown on 4s
Ok, good to know. I’ll PM you when I am more seriously going to get one. Right now I’m just hoping and planning, but when I have the cash I’ll seriously consider the different options

chris398mx

Master member
Looks pretty cool too, but a bit pricey for my liking. When they make an easily replaceable DTFB one I'll be down...besides, I got my four wing to tweak:p(not that's it's a full 3d bird, but pretty dang aerobatic).

@Vimana89 I designed a Mamba biplane that I use a radial C pack motor on 3S with a 10x38 prop. Below is the thread I started for it if you want to give it a build. I just updated the plans on the first post with a few corrections.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/mini-mamba-3d-biplane.60938/

Vimana89

Legendary member
@Vimana89 I designed a Mamba biplane that I use a radial C pack motor on 3S with a 10x38 prop. Below is the thread I started for it if you want to give it a build. I just updated the plans on the first post with a few corrections.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/mini-mamba-3d-biplane.60938/
Awesome! It's on my ever-growing build/potential build list. I remember viewing the thread before now and thinking it was a nice build, just forgot the name until now. If I get into 3d any time soon, I'm going to want a bipe and a 3d delta, so I may start with your design to get my bearings.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member