£100 ($155) Winnings for FPV platform...will buy the one with most suggestions

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
YAY just won £100 on the bandit I have the tx / rx I have the FPV gear but I am yet to get the plane and there is
loads out there, so what do you guys suggest I respect that most on here will have more experience than me so I
am gonna go with what ever comes out most popular
the criterias are must come in at under £100 ($155) and it has to be reciever ready
Take into account that i am in the uk....look forward to the suggestion...keep flying

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's early and I'm easily confused... :D

Reading this a few times, I think I understand what you're saying/asking.

You won some money (what's the bandit?)

You want an FPV plane.

You're looking for suggestions.

You'll pick the one that meets your criteria out of the selected planes.

So, will you just pick the most popular from this thread, or will you use the suggestions here to make another thread with a poll?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Can we ask how you won them? I was confused by reading that as well. Thanks Fred for rewriting it in Our languange :D:D

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I am looking at a few planes for this myself.

There are some other factors to consider besides price.

For the price, a multirotor is not likely something you're looking for... :)

What is the speed you intend to fly at? Do you want to go fast, or are you looking for a slow flying plane?

What FPV set up do you intend to use? Just a board camera and a TX or will you carry a gopro?

Do you want something large and stable, or something you can transport easily?

I've been checking out a few of the "traditional" lay outs. High wing, pusher prop platforms. Those included are the Bixler, the FPVRaptor, the Skywalker, and the HKFPV plane like they use on FliteTest.

Right now the FPVRaptor has really caught my attention. With the plastic formed payload area, and larger wingspan, yet easily broken down for transport, it looks like a winner.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20104

interesting thread on it...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464933

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Cheers for all that info Fred and will check it all out
In the UK we call a fruit machine a one armed bandit (because traditionally you put your coin in and pull down a lever)
But your first reply is spot on I will pick the most popular suggestion. I am not that sure how to set the poll up but I could
pick the top three then poll it

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I will give it a day or two and see how many suggestions come in Fred and if its worth starting a poll I will go for it....
Saying that I see the FPV raptor is in the German warehouse and given this time of year if I order it midweek it will be here by next weekend...mmmmmm decisions decisions

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Well the zephyr comes in at two thousand bucks...so that's out of the equation,The tek sumo sounds nice but I have never flown a wing ...think I may have to call a stop on this thread and go with the HK FPV raptor because the German warehouse has them in stock. Its price will allow me to buy three batteries + charger and a swivel mount for the camera, the cash will be in the bank
tomorrow so I will leave it hanging till then,,,,,,cheers everyone.............. Keep Flying

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Sorry I will close this thread because I went on HK Site and you know how it is...i just snapped and this happened
FPV raptor
FPV pan and tilt camera mount
Turnigy balance charger
turnigy esc 30a brushless
$132.79 or £88.73 This leaves me 12quid and I have seen 2000Mah 3s lipos for £4.99 on ebay with free shipping I apologies for my weakness:eek:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Sorry I will close this thread because I went on HK Site and you know how it is...i just snapped and this happened
FPV raptor
FPV pan and tilt camera mount
Turnigy balance charger
turnigy esc 30a brushless
$132.79 or £88.73 This leaves me 12quid and I have seen 2000Mah 3s lipos for £4.99 on ebay with free shipping I apologies for my weakness:eek:

Apology accepterd :D:D

I hope your plane will be a good way to go for you needs though :D

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've seen the areas that Brian Fred likes to fly in. The wing would be too fast. Heck, it was too small for his micro... :D

(had to get at least one more post in before the thread was closed... :D)