‘Angry’ Mighty Mini Arrow

I’ve dreamt about this for about a year now, only just getting enough time to build it. All I did was mod the electronics pod to be 3.5” longer and then put another power pod / motor in the front. I’ll let everyone know how it flies.

Attachments

• 2F4F6F1B-B83A-4D74-AB0C-58E9E339B6D6.jpeg
    2F4F6F1B-B83A-4D74-AB0C-58E9E339B6D6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

ItMightFly

Woah! That's really clever! I'm excited to see how that flies!

Maybe a bit faster than the OG arrow?

Nice clean build mate!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i luv the twin facing motors. i did a version of this on one of my big delta wings and it was fun. the twin, counter-rotating props sounded like a Stuka dive bomber. i used diff size props to add to the effect.

i would be very cautious about the 3 min idea on a 3S-650. i was running a 3S-1300 with a very high C rating and had timer set at 4 mins.

should be fun!

good luck,

me :cool:

UPDATE:
I flew the 'Angry' Arrow, and it flew pretty well. The flight characteristics were very similar to the normal arrow. I had a problem with my electronics, so I don't think I was getting full power. Bottom line, it wasn't as fast as I envisioned. It sounded weird, but not as weird as I expected. Also It does vertical take off very well!

My plan from here is to first sort out the electronics problem. I'm going to put 3 blade bullnose props as opposed to the crazy race quad props I had on there, I think less pitch will help out tremendously. Next I'm definitely going to try a 4s lipo, I still have to figure out what size to buy, as I currently only own 1300 and 2200 4s lipos, which would be WAY to big. The last thing I'm going to do is redesign the whole airframe to have a chord thats about half as thick. I will have a video out soon!!

I want to push the speed limit of a foam board wing.

Keno

UPDATE:
I flew the 'Angry' Arrow, and it flew pretty well. The flight characteristics were very similar to the normal arrow. I had a problem with my electronics, so I don't think I was getting full power. Bottom line, it wasn't as fast as I envisioned. It sounded weird, but not as weird as I expected. Also It does vertical take off very well!

My plan from here is to first sort out the electronics problem. I'm going to put 3 blade bullnose props as opposed to the crazy race quad props I had on there, I think less pitch will help out tremendously. Next I'm definitely going to try a 4s lipo, I still have to figure out what size to buy, as I currently only own 1300 and 2200 4s lipos, which would be WAY to big. The last thing I'm going to do is redesign the whole airframe to have a chord thats about half as thick. I will have a video out soon!!

I want to push the speed limit of a foam board wing.
One thing you might look into is on the pushpull/tractor setup usually different size props were used not a great difference but some. Maybe one size smaller pitch or length. I am no "engenier" just repeating what I have been told and did try it once, makes for different sound if nothing else.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
One thing you might look into is on the pushpull/tractor setup usually different size props were used not a great difference but some. Maybe one size smaller pitch or length. I am no "engenier" just repeating what I have been told and did try it once, makes for different sound if nothing else.
yes put more pitch on the reward prop it already has fast air/thrust from the front prop so it can actually handle more