“Fly as hard as you can” challenge!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@mayan I think you deserve the most progressed over the year award. Between building and flying I think you have been the most diverse out all the people that I have kept track over. Once again well done. (y)

:unsure: @FoamyDM is a close contender with all his building and flying but he is like an old shoe as am I around here :LOL:

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan I think you deserve the most progressed over the year award. Between building and flying I think you have been the most diverse out all the people that I have kept track over. Once again well done. (y)

:unsure: @FoamyDM is a close contender with all his building and flying but he is like an old shoe as am I around here :LOL:
Thanks. LOL.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob

HAHA - I guess that makes us just a pair of old shoes, huh? I don't have time to fly hard... I just have to build and show it flying.. It seems hard enough.

mayan

Legendary member
Alright so I have flown hard with a few planes so far but it was time for me to take the Arrowhead to the next level of flying, and thus you have this. What is it? It's me trying to fly Cobara with the Arrow head and just fooling around :), Enjoy!

Wildthing

Legendary member
That was awesome! Great flying. (y)
That was like watching a mosquito, I wanted to swat at it! That is quick, what is it and what's powering it?
Nice flight looks like its doing 100mph

That was a guy I designed back in the end of 2016, it had a NTM 2836 2700kv (same as what I have in my PAK FA T50) on 4S (2200 65C 4S & 80A esc and a 6X3 TGS prop) . Mosquitos are easier to hit, that was at 50% throttle the whole video, I never did open up the taps :D . I had a hard time getting that battery in and out it was so tight but well worth it. You did not blink or it was gone and eventually when I got comfortable I blinked. :)
After watching the video I think I should do another, maybe at 120% just to make room for the battery :D

If you are interested I can post the plans, it was a pretty simple build and should be able to be converted to FB cuts easily . it is a T tail design with only ailerons and elevator so bank and yank. :) I can always help modify the plans ( to the best of my abilities that is) :D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That was a guy I designed back in the end of 2016, it had a NTM 2836 2700kv (same as what I have in my PAK FA T50) on 4S (2200 65C 4S & 80A esc and a 6X3 TGS prop) . Mosquitos are easier to hit, that was at 50% throttle the whole video, I never did open up the taps :D . I had a hard time getting that battery in and out it was so tight but well worth it. You did not blink or it was gone and eventually when I got comfortable I blinked. :)
After watching the video I think I should do another, maybe at 120% just to make room for the battery :D

If you are interested I can post the plans, it was a pretty simple build and should be able to be converted to FB cuts easily . it is a T tail design with only ailerons and elevator so bank and yank. :) I can always help modify the plans ( to the best of my abilities that is) :D
Yea for sure, I'll get in on this! Do you have the plans on PDF?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Yea for sure, I'll get in on this! Do you have the plans on PDF?
Ok found it, now remember this was done just by sketching and measuring the old fashioned way so pretty crude :) . The only tab and register in there was for the horizontal and the register isn't the proper width ;) . Wing is straight forward folded type like you have done a million times . Oh, the servo wire hole should be on the bottom plate not top!!!!! The blue lines are where you are to crease it so it contours around the spar. If you want the wing flat bottom don't crease the bottom plate. Because my foam doesn't have the strength FB does in the spar I had a 6mm cf strip in there plus a cf rod in the lower plate. The spar is 3 strips of foam 31" X 1/2" glued together, once the main fold has been done I then glued it onto the top plate inbetween the 2 blue lines. I don't remember why I cut the lower tips off and glued on later, I think they could just stay on. The red lines 3" apart I used to mark on the lower plate as reference marks of when I glued the wing onto the fuse, helped in making sure it was square plus centered in the fuse. Fuse is just a square with a few bends so nothing fancy , cut 2 of each. To help align plus extra strength for gluing together I remember cutting doublers 6mmx6mm strips and glued them to the inside of the side panels 6mm in or in your case 4.5mm or whatever your FB thickness is up to the vertical. Slight crease where the vertical begins because both side panels for the verticals will be glued together flat and make sure straight inline with the fuse. For the wing cut out I made a template off of the bottom side of the wing and traced that onto the side panels them cut them out. Wing obviously has to be built first :) . Now the nose of the fuse you could adjust those tapers to allow you to use one of your pods . You could just leave the nose square to make it really easy for a pod and just add more doublers or a tray for it to sit on . Do give it a 4 degree downthrust unless you have a pod that has it built in. Don't worry about all the measurements on the plans that was all for me when trying to lay it all out . Fuse top and bottom plates are glued inside the side panels .

Looking back my plans have come a long long ways :D :D

If you look at the plans and delete the file you won't hurt my feelings :)

Attachments

• Adrenalin Plans.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If you look at the plans and delete the file you won't hurt my feelings :)
I did save them. They look pretty easy to follow. I see what you mean by your description how some might be scared of it lol.

I have seen this wing shape before and it is really common in the speed plane category. I like how it is a T-tail as well, never done one before, mostly because I don't like to see the servo for the elevator on top of the fin.

How well did this balance on CG

Wildthing

Legendary member
I did save them. They look pretty easy to follow. I see what you mean by your description how some might be scared of it lol.

I have seen this wing shape before and it is really common in the speed plane category. I like how it is a T-tail as well, never done one before, mostly because I don't like to see the servo for the elevator on top of the fin.

As far as I remember 28% from the LE. I have to go digging through old notes to see if I wrote it down.
I had nay sayers about the T tail and the elevator wouldn't have any authority but I proved them wrong :)

Measurements are all there even if you wanted to do the fuse different to accept the pods better , heck you could do just a square tube ;) .

Wildthing

Legendary member

Didn't find notes on the cg but I did find a picture showing how I did the doublers on the side panels.
2016_1121_062055_001.jpg