• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

097 Tech talk with David

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Believe it or not this was the first time I had a chance to talk to David Windestål​ one on one. Enjoy.

Can we hear about David's airplane wing in his backyard the next time we have him on? I would like to hear the story behind it! And if he has any plans for it.

I have another question for David. Has he seen the new motors on the market with the built in esc? Is there a weight savings? Not having 3 heavy gauge wires from a esc to the motor are gone in this unit. Only extending the 2 power wires and the control harness are needed. Are they dependable technology? Meaning is this the future? As for the price, if the esc is matched to the motor for amp draw then there is no real price difference as I can see for the standard consumer. A separate esc and motor typically cost about the same. What is David's thoughts? I know he just had custom motors made for his Tri, but would be inclined to test these out and honestly report the findings?

Thank you

Brad Battershell

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
I have another question for David. Has he seen the new motors on the market with the built in esc? Is there a weight savings? Not having 3 heavy gauge wires from a esc to the motor are gone in this unit. Only extending the 2 power wires and the control harness are needed. Are they dependable technology? Meaning is this the future? As for the price, if the esc is matched to the motor for amp draw then there is no real price difference as I can see for the standard consumer. A separate esc and motor typically cost about the same. What is David's thoughts? I know he just had custom motors made for his Tri, but would be inclined to test these out and honestly report the findings?

Thank you

Brad Battershell
hey brad have any pics of those motor/esc combos i know dual sky had some a couple years ago. they seem to have came and gone but i have one left. do they look like these? IMG_3832 2.JPG IMG_3833 2.JPG

I have a request for David and his slo mo camera. I would love to see what it looks like when a foamie flies through a chain link fence at speed. I believe Chris R had done this before, but no video.