• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

1/18 FPV OFF-ROAD RC CAR

When I saw this buggy and its price, I just had to buy it!

fpv_buggy_01.jpg

fpv_buggy_05.jpg

To increase the fun even more, I ordered and glued in an FPV AIO camera.
fpv_buggy_02.jpg
I sealed everything with hotglue.

fpv_buggy_03.jpg

For the power supply I connected a 1s lipo.
The buggy runs on 2s and I already ordered a voltage reducer so that I can power the FPV cam via the battery of the buggy soon.

fpv_buggy_04.jpg

Driving the buggy through the garden is a lot of fun! There are still some ramps missing for jumping.
fpv_buggy_06.jpg
If I hadn't installed the camera, I probably wouldn't have noticed that the steering wheel is glued in the wrong position! :eek:

Here is my shopping list for interested people:
Have Fun!

kdobson83

Getting a decent crawler and driving it FPV is HIGH on my to-do list. But I want the Redcat Racing Everst gen7, which is $200 😒...
Does the crawler you got have proportional steering and throttle?

Yes!
Turn the steering wheel and you have a fully proportional steering.
Pull the trigger and it moves forward fully proportional!
Push the trigger forward once and it brakes.
Push the trigger forward again and it moves backward fully proportional!

I am thrilled! This little one can do everything what my previous Tamiya or Kyosho models could already do!

When I saw this buggy and its price, I just had to buy it!

View attachment 122304

View attachment 122309

To increase the fun even more, I ordered and glued in an FPV AIO camera.
View attachment 122305
I sealed everything with hotglue.

View attachment 122306

For the power supply I connected a 1s lipo.
The buggy runs on 2s and I already ordered a voltage reducer so that I can power the FPV cam via the battery of the buggy soon.

View attachment 122307

Driving the buggy through the garden is a lot of fun! There are still some ramps missing for jumping.
View attachment 122308
If I hadn't installed the camera, I probably wouldn't have noticed that the steering wheel is glued in the wrong position! :eek:

Here is my shopping list for interested people:
Have Fun!
Very cool! Great job!(y)

LitterBug

Troll Spammer
I went a bit bigger on a brushed 1/10 2WD Traxxas Slash. Been watching for one on craigslist for a L-O-o-N-nn-G time and had flip-flopped on dropping to a 1/16 4wd Slash too. A new 2WD 1/10 popped recently in my budget and so I pulled the plug. Guy had won it as a door prize at work and had no idea what to do with it. Win-Win for us both. I've had many cheapie RC cars in the past, and this is my first "good" one. Planning on FPVing it with full telemetry via FC, GPS, Long-Range radios, Nigh/Low light capable camera, and a roll/pitch gimble. May try ArduRover on the FC if I get real ambitious too since Ardu* runs on many F4 FCs now.

Oh, and plan on making a foamy Aircraft carrier deck body for indoor flys too!
slash.jpg
Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:
As for the Top 6 list, I can only say that this is a matter of taste! I am satisfied with my HS 18311. It rolls and rolls and rolls. Before you buy your first RC car, you should decide which scale and type you want. The car should have four-wheel drive and enough ground clearance. With the HS 18311 I was surprised that it is fully proportional at that price, has a steering servo and even a braking function. It was also important to me that there were spare parts, because I let my son drive with it. At that time it cost me 38.86 Euro.

Here to the current offer:
https://www.banggood.com/HS-4CH-4WD...00.html?rmmds=search&ID=229&cur_warehouse=USA

Last edited: