1/3rd Scale Super Cub

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Building a plans built 1/3rd Scale Super Cub. Using Aircraft spruce and birch plywood. Here are a Few photo's I have taken. It will be covered in fabric and painted.
It has a 50 cc DA for an engine. Wingspan will be 12'.

Super Cub wing .jpg

Super Cub wing 1.png

Super Cub wing 2.png

Super Cub wing 3.png

Super Cub wing 4.png

Super Cub Wing 5.png

Super Cub .png

Super Cub gear 3.jpg

Super Cub Cabane.jpg

Super Cub gear 5.jpg

Super Cub installed gear.png

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I don't know why, but I read 1-3rd scale and thought, bet he could just about fly that from the cockpit.
smaller that Imagined, but rockyboy's right. It looking great!

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Oh hell yeah! :) Looking great so far! What brand suspension gear are you using, and who's plan/kit? I recently added suspension gear to my 1/4 scale Cub and I love how well they smooth out the ground handling.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Oh hell yeah! :) Looking great so far! What brand suspension gear are you using, and who's plan/kit? I recently added suspension gear to my 1/4 scale Cub and I love how well they smooth out the ground handling.

I cut it out per plans and had a friend wield it up. They are Robert W Nelitz plans. I am adding flaps to make it a Super Cub.

Jackson T

Elite member
That thing is a GIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any flight footage? I can't wait to read the article!