1 board for FT Spitfire at Hobby Lobby.

demon646

rc n00b
I found a 32" x 40" board for about $5 that will fit an entire FT Spitfire and possibly many more at my Hobby Lobby in Columbus Ohio. I'll be cutting them out today and I'll let you all know how it goes.

P.S. I got some from a local hobby shop and it didn't work at all. It was way too rigid and cracked when trying to fold the wings.

IMG_20130807_160751.jpg
IMG_20130807_161859.jpg
IMG_20130807_212113_708.jpg

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I used Hobby Lobby foamboard for a long time before Dollar Tree for RC Powers builds. I like the large size and the board is actually Depron with poster board laminated to it. Heavier than Dollar Tree but tougher too. You can peal the paper off and have a sheet of depron for other builds. I really like the "Black" foam board from there since it actually uses a black depron core unlike the white cored Dollar Tree "Black" board.

Thurmond

demon646

rc n00b
that's awesome! Thanks. I was kinda worried that This might not work out at all :) I'll try the black ones next.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I got black cored black from dollar tree once, but haven't used it, since the guys mentioned it was really bad.

Tritium

I got black cored black from dollar tree once, but haven't used it, since the guys mentioned it was really bad.

The Dollar Tree Black ones use the same white foam core as the regular white board, only the covering is different. The Hobby Lobby ones use white depron / poster board for the white board and black depron / poster board for the black boards.

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The Dollar Tree Black ones use the same white foam core as the regular white board, only the covering is different.
Thurmond
I guess the old memory ain't what she used to be. I would have sworn the foam was black, too. But I just went and looked and sure enough, the foam is white. Thank you for helping me keep a grip on these few remaining synapses! Even if you do live in a place similar to Chad's backyard!

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
I've used the black a couple times. The paper does not stick to the foam as well, but more importantly, my velcro doesn't stick to it either, so receivers and other peripheries tend to come off. I still have a black power pod i'm using for the spitfire, but I really need to replace it.

Tritium

Kind of like Chads back yard but substitute a billion or so goatheads (weeds not animal parts) for green grass and the fact that I have to put up my own tower to crash into, yea it's close to being like Chads back yard in some respects.

The black Dollar Tree board is Tops for making light shields around FPV display devices. Think Penny Arcade machine. Google it if you are too young to know what one is.:p

Thurmond

Last edited: