1 sheet foamie from xjet under 250 grams

tomlogan1

On his youtube site, xjet has a link to a sub 250 gtram (
) rc plane.

It is a very simple build, ideal for the first buid and looks to be a fun flier. I threw one together and am waiting to test it.

Note there are NO plans but the video does show dimensions. Roughly a 24 inch wing span wiith an 18 inch length.

IMG_20210110_163412285.jpg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
sub 250g foam board FPV isn't to hard. I would say that the electronics/motor pod on that picture is way bigger then it needs to be, which will reduce performance on your motor/prop (by limiting airflow to/around it) and increase drag more then needed.

it is an interesting design, however I have noticed that the prop-in-slot design seems to make the motor quite a bit more noisy then a pure 'pusher' or tractor.

have you got around to flying/testing it? I am curious on what type of flight times you get with it.

tomlogan1

I found the plane needed quite a bit of expo ~ 40 % on ailerons and 30% on elevator. Winds were gusting @ 20+ mph so a bit too much but satisfied that it came down in one piece. I think it would be better suited to a more gentile wind profile.

hotwax

Hello,

I was drawing a simple parts plan. You can download from my Google Drive: XJET

There are no building instructions. Please refer to the Videos on the XJET channel.

Fly Safe