10,000 posts, a new project in my hangar!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
In celebration of 10,000 posts, I’ll be introducing a new project! As you can tell from my avatar, I’m a big fan of the ultra stick. I even designed a foamboard “simple stick” which is one of my favorite planes. However I don’t have any sticks other than the simple stick, and it’s time for that to change! The plan is to build one that’s the same size of the hangar 9 30cc ultra stick. I actually started this project quite a while ago and have worked off and on on it, but It’s been on the back burner for quite some time. However it’s off of the burner now and I’m going to get it done as soon as I can! Progress pictures below!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
can't wait to see how how it looks... eagerly awaiting some pics
I don’t have any pictures of it in it’s current state and I’m out of town so I won’t be able to get any for a little while, but both wing halves are built and need a little more shaping before they get fiberglassed. They are made out of pink foam, and once I post pictures it’ll make sense how I’m making it.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I finally got a chance to make some progress on the stick! I gave fiberglassing a go for the first time and I’m surprised at how easy it was. I talked to a club member at the field today and so I’ll be going and getting some measurements off his hangar 9 stick to use for cutting my fuselage.
720763F9-BD1A-4280-9D67-03976030406A.jpeg

Byrdman

It worked out well for me, it didn’t add a lot of strength so I can definitely see why one would use epoxy instead though.

What are the overall dimensions on that plane, and what powerplant are you thinking is going to make it happen?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, I got the fuselage dimensions from one of the club members. He actually had an extra tail that he was kind enough to give me! This weekend I’ll be starting on the fuselage. :D