100 Stuart Warne from Hobbyking

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
maxresdefault-jpg_1450556267.jpeg
100 Stuart Warne from Hobbyking

Join Chris and Andre as they sit down with hobbyking"s own Stuart Warne. In this indepth interview learn how Stuart got involved with RC and Hobbyking.We also get some great insight on the inter workings of the Durafly brand and a few details on whats in the future.Thanks for listening - See more at: 100 Stuart Warne from Hobbyking

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Honestly he contacted me.

Stuart and I have been talking on and off for a year now.
Discussing batteries, the EFX Racer and of course the P-40.

I literally sent me a PM one day with a question and he responded.

It was just neat to get an inside peak at the operation and learn a little more about Stuart.

But boy do I need to brush up on my interview skills.

Andre.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Andre, I do like the "casual talk between friends" a lot more than an interview :).

I'm only half way through, but if Stuart reads this or if you contact them again soon: Something like the Safe(+) system for the Bix3 or as addon for all their beginner planes would be cool.

And one thing I just noticed: I like that he tries to keep replacement parts available. But to me the software part has just become a problem. Since HK has removed the Mini Fabrikator from the store, I can't access files like firmware or Cura settings anymore... since the "Files Tab" is gone with the product...

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah legacy stuff can run into issues.

I was looking for something on an rx and it was gone. So I could not get a manual.

Next time I speak with Stuart I'll mention that.

Files should be able to stick around. Maybe make a legacy site.

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
No kidding eh but I need another warbird like I well need another plane...

Make it stop heh

StuartPB

Thanks for putting the question I asked about UK and international price differences to Stuart. Fair dos with the reasons Stuart gave too. I've bought 3 planes and a multi rotor, batteries and loads of other bits and bobs from HK so I'm glad they are going to have a look at postage costs too :) I enjoyed the podcast, well done to all concerned :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Thanks for putting the question I asked about UK and international price differences to Stuart. Fair dos with the reasons Stuart gave too. I've bought 3 planes and a multi rotor, batteries and loads of other bits and bobs from HK so I'm glad they are going to have a look at postage costs too :) I enjoyed the podcast, well done to all concerned :)

His explanation on the costs was indeed an eye opener.
Specially on the regional warehouses.

If they were ever to open a Canadian warehouse I think it would have to start small.
Not a huge market but things like servos, motors, esc and receivers would make sense but most critical would be lipo batteries.

They cost so much to ship. Usually I put together a group order between my buddies and I to help spread out the costs.
I'll be looking at some 4S 2200's in the spring for sure.

dgrigor02

Enjoyed the podcast. I don't buy almost ready to fly or kits but it was interesting to hear just how much is involved ( a year long process ) with putting out a new model. Also really cool to hear how passionate he and other employees are about the hobby itself.