102 Its a New year

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
img-3775-jpg_1451772083.jpeg

102 Its a New year

Chris has fellow flyer Pat Truesdell in studio and with Andre on the line it was a great bench flying session to wrap up 2015. - See more at: 102 Its a New year

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

WaRa?

Just thinking of a group of people, sitting on the ground, slowly chanting "wara, wara, Wara, WAra, WARa, WARA, WARA, WARAAAAA!" and then the WaRa suddenly climbs into the air, flying towards the sun...

Did I mention I watched Indiana Jones' Temple of Doom a few days ago?

crash bandicoot

I also may have run out of patience waiting for the Tundra, and I bought a Parkzone Sport Cub yesterday...
So I'm sure the Tundra will come out today...

And the Wadian or Ralrus flies good. I'm working on some more mods right now, like a radian canopy.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'm just catching up with the older podcasts and while listening to you guys "feeling like criminals" because of the bad reputation we get lately, I wondered why you don't talk with those people?

If the cops sit in their car to watch, say hi and do a little small talk about how they experience the situation with the new regulations or if they experienced something bad with the hobby. Introduce yourself, offer advice if they ever have questions regarding the hobby or suggest a little demonstration on the technology today.

If you think neighbours might feel what you are doing is illegal, talk to them. Show them what you do and how.

If you feel people are afraid of doing 3D maneuvers being "out of control", ask them to watch and explain every movement before you do it so they realize it's not something random.

It's our job to make people feel safe regarding the hobby. You can always explain that the bad sightings in the press are just the ones they hear about, that most people are indeed following the rules and not everyone is a bad guy, just because he has a remote controlled aircraft.

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
I'm just catching up with the older podcasts and while listening to you guys "feeling like criminals" because of the bad reputation we get lately, I wondered why you don't talk with those people?

If the cops sit in their car to watch, say hi and do a little small talk about how they experience the situation with the new regulations or if they experienced something bad with the hobby. Introduce yourself, offer advice if they ever have questions regarding the hobby or suggest a little demonstration on the technology today.

If you think neighbours might feel what you are doing is illegal, talk to them. Show them what you do and how.

If you feel people are afraid of doing 3D maneuvers being "out of control", ask them to watch and explain every movement before you do it so they realize it's not something random.

It's our job to make people feel safe regarding the hobby. You can always explain that the bad sightings in the press are just the ones they hear about, that most people are indeed following the rules and not everyone is a bad guy, just because he has a remote controlled aircraft.

Balu, I agree with you 100 percent. Over the 10 years or so flying mostly in the same spot I've talked to lots of people and have even got a few people to fly the Delta Ray on there very first try. its always my mission to try and educate the non hobbyist and answer any questions they have. Our local law enforcement has been very kind to us in the past and i really don't see any real problems but i haven't had a chance to speak with them since all the FAA hoopla going on but hopefully soon when the weather breaks and we get more flying time i can do that. Its the same thing around my house most of the neighbors know what i do and there is no real problem yet.....but.... here is where the problem lies, its the people that do not ask questions, the cops that are not informed about our situation and the fear mongering that the media has put out there about anything that is RC related that flys is a "Drone" and is bad. When i keep hearing stories about cops being called because someone was flying a "drone" when really it was just a foam airplane and the poor guy was doing absolutely nothing wrong and was only guilty of having a good time then it puts a little bit of fear and anxiety in the back of your mind. this is supposed to be a fun relaxing hobby. so Far id say 99.9 percent of the people that were concerned and have stopped and asked questions have gone away with a completely different mind set and some have even went out the next weekend with a new foam airplane. its that neighbor peeking out the window, the jogger way off in the distance, the cop who maybe doesn't like "Drones" these are the people that are going to cause problems because there ill informed and do not ask questions.its just going to be tricky for awhile until this all settles down and media finds some other thing to pick on. the problem is we still have some dumb people doing some really dumb things over here and its not helping our cause what so ever. Hopefully this may have helped somewhat in what i was trying to explain in the podcast. Thanks Balu for the questions and concerns and of course listening to us ramble .. Happy Flying-Chris