11' wingspan Bottle plane dazzles on a golden summer's evening - Isle of Wight, UK

Attachments

• IMG_1054.JPEG
    IMG_1054.JPEG
    579.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7952.jpg
    IMG_7952.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7974.jpg
    IMG_7974.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7976.jpg
    IMG_7976.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 0

skymaster

Elite member
'Just re-edited this very recently shot film. I'd since decided to foil wrap the wings for a bit of extra 'bling' to dazzle in the glorious evening summer light we've been having. ...I think it works!

(34) Radio controlled bottle plane flying in the golden light of a summer's evening, Isle of Wight - YouTube
hey i just got this crazy idea. if you could make the bottles air tight kind of like an air tank and them put some hilium in it to make it lighter would it make it stay up longer. what do u think?

hey i just got this crazy idea. if you could make the bottles air tight kind of like an air tank and them put some hilium in it to make it lighter would it make it stay up longer. what do u think?

Honestly, that went through my mind previously but I don't believe it would work in this case - the volume of Helium required to have any effect relative to the weight of the model would be huge - way more than those bottles could hold. I don't know the physics of it but I'm sure it's not practical in this case... I just think of the minimal weight of the fabric / rubber that helium balloons are made of compared to this 2kg model. I don't believe it would have any effect. Agreed, nice idea though.