• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! 12' B-52 builder: Looking for Giant Sheets of Adams Foamboard as seen in the A-10 videos.

I am currently in the preliminary phases of designing and building a 12' span B-52. I know I can splice sheets together to get the lengths I want, but if I could buy a box of big, uncut foam sheets to make the process go faster and easier, I would. Anybody know how I can get ahold of some? I have been to the adams site, and could get them to quote me whatever, but I figured I ought to ask just to see what they are already producing for the homies at FT or whatever.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
You could try some of the pink rigid insulation from homedepot/lowes. Its like 4x8 feet 1 inch thick for about $20.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
You could try some of the pink rigid insulation from homedepot/lowes. Its like 4x8 feet 1 inch thick for about $20.
If you have a hotwire setup I've seen some folks set up a jig to cut the 1 or 2" sheets into 1/4" sheets about the width of the FT stuff. Wouldn't have the paper on it but it would be an inexpensive way to get big sheets.

b-29er

Id really just say save your money and use standard sheets, then just place ribs that run along the edge so you have a good glue surface and a spot to join the sheets up. Or use packing tape or craft paper tape if you dont want the paint over plastic weirdness

jamboree1

I have used the white gorilla glue to join 2 sheets together. The joint is stronger then the foam board. I lay the foam board on a flat surface with parchment paper underneath and on the top and use weights to hold them down. I have never have had this method fail.