1306 - 4000kv RC airboat on 4S with flight controller. 170 grams.

Plaid Bandit

Hi thanks for checking it out. I have busted quads laying around and no cash and a few servos so i made an RC airboat. It has a naze32 rev6 haha, a diatone PDB, an Emax 1306 and a 20 amp speed controller of unknow origins. it will be running a 4s infinity 550 mah battery. just setting up the CLI and plan on sharing a youtube vid. pictures of current model in an hour or so :)

Plaid Bandit

Here it is. I have since updated the rudder a bit. will be working on a dual rudder right away

Attachments

• 20190225_120820 (1).jpg
    20190225_120820 (1).jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
An plans... or a link to the ones you used please.
Spec. Motor, props etc... (looks like a 5" Small but fast

Plaid Bandit

An plans... or a link to the ones you used please.
Spec. Motor, props etc... (looks like a 5" Small but fast

it is actually a 3 inch believe it or not. It runs a 1306-4000 kv emax red bottom, a 20a speed controller and a NAZE 32. |Im using flysky transmitter and receiver. I can hand draw some plans and put them up here for you guys. youll just have to scale them. It is an easy build but i remove all paper from foam before assembly. It even has a removable power pod. i dont use a folds or b folds because i remove the paper so that no water sticks to it or soaks into it. Then I covered the whole boat in cheap and thin dollar store duct tape.

Plaid Bandit

update

working on youtube video. just busy. will have it up in 48 hours or so :)

ive been busy wrecking and improving it. primarily the motor mount and rudder stay tuned in. going to share plans of the final. planning to make it water worthy as well so may need to sort some cg issues for that. Going to hot wire the final version this summer. got a 100 km long lake to play on.

FastCrash45

Elite member
update

working on youtube video. just busy. will have it up in 48 hours or so :)

ive been busy wrecking and improving it. primarily the motor mount and rudder stay tuned in. going to share plans of the final. planning to make it water worthy as well so may need to sort some cg issues for that. Going to hot wire the final version this summer. got a 100 km long lake to play on.
Can't wait to see that little beast. Sounds like an intense blast!!

ZXZE

I can't wait to watch it either me. For me, i would use a 3s 4200mah battery as it has longer operating time and also does not drive the motor too fast like u said.

Just a thought.