13th Squadron Ju 87 B-2 Stuka

Niez13

Elite member

Ju87 StukaF13.jpg

Plans: 13thsquadron.com

So here is my favorite plane of all time, the Ju 87 B-2 Stuka. It is the plane that started it all for me and was the first plane I ever designed. The first version I designed was for Flitefest 2018. It was too complex to be repeatable and still used poster board to create curves. I've always wanted to go back and make a repeatable molded Stuka. The Stuka has so many curves and angles that if one is off, then it throws off the look of the plane. I tried to make the most repeatable, but scale Stuka I could. I will say its best to have some master series/molded foamboard planes under your belt if you want to build this Stuka. It is super floaty and powerful at the same time. At a 50 inch (1270mm) wingspan, the Stuka is on the bigger size of C-pack sized planes. All of the intakes create a lot of drag that help it fly super slow. Flight footage can be seen at 13thsquadron.com and in the Flite Crew's "Edgewater Visitor Special". We would have liked to have this all painted up but its too cold to even paint. Going to have to wait till summertime.

Build Pictures: 13thsquadron.com

Let me know if you have any questions on the build or the plane in general. I can't really do a build video at the moment with school taking up a lot of time. With that being said, I hope you decide to build yourself a 13th Squadron Stuka! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want because it's a complex build.

_DSC0566NF.jpg _DSC0569NF.jpg _DSC0586NF.jpg _DSC0592NF.jpg _DSC0602NF.jpg _DSC0744NF.jpg _DSC0466NF.jpg _DSC0512NF.jpg _DSC0480NF.jpg _DSC0468NF.jpg _DSC0474NF.jpg _DSC0495NF.jpg _DSC0472NF.jpg _DSC0499NF.jpg

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

View attachment 193014

So here is my favorite plane of all time, the Ju 87 B-2 Stuka. It is the plane that started it all for me and was the first plane I ever designed. The first version I designed was for Flitefest 2018. It was too complex to be repeatable and still used poster board to create curves. I've always wanted to go back and make a repeatable molded Stuka. The Stuka has so many curves and angles that if one is off, then it throws off the look of the plane. I tried to make the most repeatable, but scale Stuka I could. I will say its best to have some master series/molded foamboard planes under your belt if you want to build this Stuka. It is super floaty and powerful at the same time. At a 50 inch (1270mm) wingspan, the Stuka is on the bigger size of C-pack sized planes. All of the intakes create a lot of drag that help it fly super slow. Flight footage can be seen at 13thsquadron.com and in the Flite Crew's "Edgewater Visitor Special". We would have liked to have this all painted up but its too cold to even paint. Going to have to wait till summertime.

Let me know if you have any questions on the build or the plane in general. I can't really do a build video at the moment with school taking up a lot of time. With that being said, I hope you decide to build yourself a 13th Squadron Stuka! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want because it's a complex build.

View attachment 193035 View attachment 193036 View attachment 193037 View attachment 193038 View attachment 193039 View attachment 193040 View attachment 193041 View attachment 193042 View attachment 193043 View attachment 193044 View attachment 193045 View attachment 193046 View attachment 193047 View attachment 193048

:eek: Maybe add a little more detail. LOL!
B-E-A-Utiful! Pat yourself on the back, brother! ......EARNED!

shadeyB

Legendary member

View attachment 193014

View attachment 193035 View attachment 193036 View attachment 193037 View attachment 193038 View attachment 193039 View attachment 193040 View attachment 193041 View attachment 193042 View attachment 193043 View attachment 193044 View attachment 193045 View attachment 193046 View attachment 193047 View attachment 193048
Dam it man that looks immense
well done so glad you’ve shared your plans to the community,
13th squadron looks fantastic , congratulations 👏

smiling albert

Well done!Amazing job .
Would like to have a go at making a mighty mini version of this(no room for this size!) eventually
What plans did you work from?
Did you use cad,if so which one?
Thanks for any help

Niez13

Elite member
Thanks
So no 3 d cad at all?
Which 3 view plan ?
They’re not ten a penny on the web,would be interested in seeing it if possible
Thanks
A mini version would be sweet! Yeah I just used a three view from the web and Adobe Illustrator. No CAD software was used to created any piece. I can't remember the exact three view, but any good high resolution image can work(preferably one that has formers and cross sections).

Here's a good three view.
Ju-87.jpg

CrshNBrn

Elite member
If anyone is up for a good challenge, give this Stuka a try. It's big! Bending the landing gear wire was a little tricky, but everything else seems to have gone together pretty well. It's not my cleanest build, but still looks AWESOME so far. I'm also thinking about attaching these whistles to the landing gear or underside of the wing for that scary Stuka sound.

Attachments

• 20210518_060444.jpg
    20210518_060444.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210517_210710.jpg
    20210517_210710.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 0

Niez13

Elite member
If anyone is up for a good challenge, give this Stuka a try. It's big! Bending the landing gear wire was a little tricky, but everything else seems to have gone together pretty well. It's not my cleanest build, but still looks AWESOME so far. I'm also thinking about attaching these whistles to the landing gear or underside of the wing for that scary Stuka sound.
THATS BEAUTIFUL!!! Came out really clean! Thanks for taking on the challenge! Did she fly yet?!😁

Just a thought for the siren... To test the sounds you can make a second hatch on the bottom and make a setup for the siren. That way you can make sure the siren actually works lol. I have those same sirens too🤣. I’m just wondering if the radiator intake area would affect the intake you would get with the siren underneath. But with the removable hatch it’s worth a shot I guess!

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Thanks! No maiden yet; there's still a little work to be done before she's airworthy yet. I'll post another picture when it's cleaned up, painted, and add decals before she gets all dinged up.

Thanks for the idea about the location of the siren. I'll bet you're right about the cowl underneath affecting the wind flow to the siren. I'll probably just tape them in various locations until I find the best spot. I think those whistles were originally attached to the landing gear, but after the Battle of Britain they were removed to add a few extra miles per hour to their slow cruising speed. It's an impressive plane- thanks for sharing your plans!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Great work! If this isn't the best scale foamboard warbird out there, I don't know what is!