Help! 150% Sparrow

kilroy07

Legendary member
... That does sound a touch excessive.... :unsure: (I think Adobe is full of it...) :D

So, I'm going to put one of my upcoming projects on hold for a bit (I'm waiting on motors anyway...) and tackle a fully redesigned 200 Scale Sparrow. I gave the design a quick look today and I'll probably make the nose detachable. Twin motors, I'm going to use cheap chinese 2212s I have laying around (Should be PLENTY of power)...

Keno

Sorry guys it was my fault what I wanted to get the dwgs out quickly and they were not sized correctly for printing in Adobe Reader. I use Adobe Acrobat and there I can crop and print. Its could have been more pages lucky it was only 72. Enjoy your build if you have any problems I will correct my dwgs to any request, still learning CAD. Enjoy

Last edited:

Keno

When you are increasing the size of the Sparrow you might not want the original dihedral as it was designed a 3 channel "V" tail. Some builder are now adding ailerons which would reduce the need for large amount of dihedral.

kilroy07

Legendary member
At 150% the center section just fits on a sheet of foam board (within my laser cutters working area)… I might turn it into a polyhedron a wing with just a touch of dihedral on the wing tips with ailerons.
Thoughts?

OliverW

Legendary member
At 150% the center section just fits on a sheet of foam board (within my laser cutters working area)… I might turn it into a polyhedron a wing with just a touch of dihedral on the wing tips with ailerons.
Thoughts?
I think it will work great!