1s micro JST lipo breakout boards on EcoPower Electron 44ac

Sykoitk_

So I'm looking to get another ultramicro size plane in the hangar to fly around when I don't quite feel like going to the field to fly.

I have an EcoPower Electron 44ac that I bought from FT a while ago, but I can't find any info on it being used for 1s batteries. I would assume that it will detect a voltage level for a single cell and charge it accordingly, but I didn't design the circuit so... I want to use one of those multi-battery breakout boards that can charge more than one micro battery at once but I don't know if it will work or not.

I was wondering if anyone has used a setup like this with this charger. I do have an old battery powered hobbyzone micro charger I can use so its not too big a deal if it doesn't work, but I'd like to be able to charge faster.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I use an Imax B6 to charge my 1s batterys, just add up all the mAh & set the charger accordingly, as close to 1C as possible. I have also found before charging, it helps to plug the batteries into the charge board & let them set for several hours. This will allow them to equalize and charge as one battery.

I don't charge any faster (higher C) but I can charge all my batteries at the same time.

Last edited:

Sykoitk_

I use an Imax B6 to charge my 1s batterys, just add up all the mAh & set the charger accordingly, as close to 1C as possible. I have also found before charging, it helps to plug the batteries into the charge board & let them set for several hours. This will allow them to equalize and charge as one battery.

I don't charge any faster (higher C) but I can charge all my batteries at the same time.
Dang, I wish I had seen that charger when I was buying all my stuff. Looks well designed and is cheaper than the EcoPower I bought.

I'll try this and hopefully my charger will play ball with charging 1s batteries. I'm just worried that the charger itself specifically waits for a connection from the balance plug and therefore isn't able to charge 1s.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I'm just worried that the charger itself specifically waits for a connection from the balance plug and therefore isn't able to charge 1s.
When charging 1S, there is no "balancing" possible. That is, through the charger.

Sykoitk_

When charging 1S, there is no "balancing" possible. That is, through the charger.
I understand that, but I'm more worried about the circuit not being set up for 1s lipo charging at all. It's never mentioned in the manual and I can't find anything online about it.

I'm willing to spend the 15 bucks and try it, and I'll follow up with any result in case anyone lurking eventually has the same question.