1st Cam advise

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
If you look closely in the vid, cows are also a threat...and I'll take lucky over good any day, mainly because...I have to.

I can tell you that Cows do cause crashes. Done it more than once trying to get them to notice the plane buzzing them ;).
The cows never noticed but the calves ALWAYS freak out with it.

Thurmond

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I can tell you that Cows do cause crashes.

So can dogs. I had my dog out while flying and then I starting hearing a horrible crunching noise. It's hard to flying while yelling at your dog to stop eating whatever she was eating. ... I have that on video. No I'm not going to share.

SilverWolvie

Quick tip for for y'all when you buy the HK HD wing Cam.

This one:
A-CAM.jpg

First allways use a class 6 SD card for it or audio goes out of sync.

Second make a case for it something like I did.

attachment.php

I used the casing of a DVD case and tape and well that was the result.
Now the electronics have some protection then only shrinktube.

Still need to work out the hole I made for the buttons so no wierd stuff can poke into that.

Johan

What? No! Trees around here *Love* planes!

Right next to kites, it's their favorite toy to "play catch". They've even been known to move around the field and leap up to snatch one out of the air.

Don't forget tricopters, watch the tree attract my tri:

recorded with the 808 #16 (that survived), the tri broke one boom (but not bad, easy fix)

DDSFlyer

I love my 808 #16 cam, I have a GoPro2 but after my first attempts with a Super Cub (brushed) had an accident (fixed by GoPro, killer Customer Service) I haven't strapped it back on yet...although now that it's brushless I am going to do it, just haven't gotten around to it. Plus the 808 is so easy to use and just strap on with some velcro, don't have to worry much about weight (although my friend found out, don't put the wing cam in front of your aileron or dire consequences may result). This is the one I got via StoneBlueAirlines recommendation and it's FPV capable when I go that route!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CoKt9jAscs&list=FLyrI6lhKVXMmPwGtrvxoTNw

Johan

I love my 808 #16 cam, I have a GoPro2 but after my first attempts with a Super Cub (brushed) had an accident (fixed by GoPro, killer Customer Service) I haven't strapped it back on yet...although now that it's brushless I am going to do it, just haven't gotten around to it. Plus the 808 is so easy to use and just strap on with some velcro, don't have to worry much about weight (although my friend found out, don't put the wing cam in front of your aileron or dire consequences may result). This is the one I got via StoneBlueAirlines recommendation and it's FPV capable when I go that route!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CoKt9jAscs&list=FLyrI6lhKVXMmPwGtrvxoTNw

Funny, I bought my 808 #16 based on the same StoneBlueAirlines video!

Love mine as well, it is so light, I velcro'd it on top op my tri:

View attachment 12604

On vacation I velcro'd it to my phone holder (I use the phone for navigation) that is on the inside of the windshield.
Hanging upside down we recorded our road-trips.