2.1g Micro Vapor

micro_builder

Got this thing pretty much finished and test flown, thrust line needs a bit of tweaking, but otherwise seems good to go, will get a proper flight video up soon. My lightest so far, by nearly a full gram...the 10mah lipos really drop the weight. Considering adding the elevator, but I'd want it full flying like the rudder, but I'm not sure if the actuator will be strong enough for so much area...would up the weight too, but would probably be pretty fun.

5.25x3" wing
2.1g flying weight
4x8mm motor with watch gear gearbox and balsa prop
remote magnetic actuator for rudder
DasMikro MiRX32M 3 channel RX
10mah lipo
0.25 - 0.75mm Carbon fiber wings, tail and fuselage stick
Ultrafilm wing covering

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 0

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Got this thing pretty much finished and test flown, thrust line needs a bit of tweaking, but otherwise seems good to go, will get a proper flight video up soon. My lightest so far, by nearly a full gram...the 10mah lipos really drop the weight. Considering adding the elevator, but I'd want it full flying like the rudder, but I'm not sure if the actuator will be strong enough for so much area...would up the weight too, but would probably be pretty fun.

5.25x3" wing
2.1g flying weight
10mah lipo
Ultrafilm wing covering

OMG how did you get it that light! That's just stupid lol. How much flight time do you get on a 10 mah lipo?

TooJung2Die

Master member
Very cool. I like your ultra micro experimentals. Where do you get your micro-RX-bricks? I searched for the DasMikro MiRX32M and can't find an English speaking website that sells them. I'd probably have to buy a new transmitter anyway because all I have now is FlySky AFHDS.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I need to rework the control pivots on my Vapor Light. There has been so much slop since day 1 that it is almost unflyable.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

5.25x3" wing
2.1g flying weight
10mah lipo
Ultrafilm wing covering

That's insane man - nicely done! And I thought my spacewalker was light at 23 grams... :LOL:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Whoa! That thing is probably lighter than most of the paper airplanes that I have made. That is really cool!

micro_builder

OMG how did you get it that light! That's just stupid lol. How much flight time do you get on a 10 mah lipo?

Counting every milligram! lol Havent gone through a full charge yet, but I'm guessing at least a couple minutes. Not long, but even a couple minutes in close-quarters flying feels like a long time

micro_builder

Very cool. I like your ultra micro experimentals. Where do you get your micro-RX-bricks? I searched for the DasMikro MiRX32M and can't find an English speaking website that sells them. I'd probably have to buy a new transmitter anyway because all I have now is FlySky AFHDS.

Yeah I cant find the MiRX32M anymore either unfortunately, but these shops carry some alternatives, at least for DSM, not sure I've seen an AFHDS RX for magnetic actuators.

https://www.micronwings.com/
http://micronradiocontrol.co.uk/
http://microflierradio.com/index.html
https://handsmagic.aliexpress.com/s...tml?spm=a2g0o.store_home.pcShopHead_6127489.1