Help! 2 (probably simple) problems

HenryS

Hi!

I am a total noob/newbie. I am currently working on the FT tiny trainer. I got a electron ecp-1004 lipo charger, but when I plug it into a wall socket, all it does is flash from having lights on 25% and 75% and lights on 50% and 100%. It doesn't change even when I plug a battery into it. And when I search it up, there are no how to videos that I can use. That is the first problem. 2nd problem, it came with an AR620 receiver. But I can't figure out : 1. what port is the bind port; 2. what servo is to which. Basically, the receiver has numbered 1-6 and a batt port, but to specific ports for other things. How do I connect each of the wires. That is the 2nd problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Receiver channel assignment is as follows:

Bat - Battery and Bind plug
1-Throttle
2-Aileron
3-Elevator
4-Rudder
5-Gear
6-Auxillary,Flaps

Here is the manual I found on it

Attachments

• 1-ECP-1004 EcoPower Li32 Charger Manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

HenryS

Thanks for the response, but there is still something I don't understand.

1. What is the battery port (other than the bind plug) for? Is it for connecting the battery in, because I have seen online videos that say to connect the battery into the receiver, but I have no idea how that works.

2. As for the charger, the description literally does not match the what I see. What should I do?

Another thank you in advance

bisco

Elite member
the esc (electronic speed controller) plugs into the throttle channel, and the battery and motor plug into the esc

Tench745

Master member
If you have a separate battery to power the reciever it plugs into the batt port. You can just power the RC via the ESC and most people with smaller planes will do it this way. The only downside of this is that if your ESC or flight battery die for any reason you lose control of the plane. If you have a separate battery for the RX, it will power all the servos even if the flight battery dies.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
@Tench745 is correct however there is one very important thing that you need to consider as well - Do NOT ever plug a LiPo battery into the Rx Battery port without using a BEC or ESC. LiPos are too high in voltage and will damage the Rx. I have used that port to power lights a couple of times , thats what I would recommend you use that for if at all other than for binding

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
@Tench745 is correct however there is one very important thing that you need to consider as well - Do NOT ever plug a LiPo battery into the Rx Battery port without using a BEC or ESC. LiPos are too high in voltage and will damage the Rx. I have used that port to power lights a couple of times , thats what I would recommend you use that for if at all other than for binding
Yes, I forgot to mention this^ Very important.

HenryS

Thanks, but 1 more thing
I still can't use the battery charger
anyone with experience with that specific charger?(ecp-1004 lipo charger)
oh, and yes that manual is it.
thanks for all replies

HenryS

I tried what was in the video and it flashed, but when I plug in the battery, it doesn't respond and continues flashing. What is wrong?
Thanks a lot for all the replies

quorneng

Master member
HenryS
If your charger does not do what is shown in the video then there are two possibilities:
Either the charger is faulty or there is a fault with the battery. There is nothing else involved.
If the charger works normally with another battery then the first battery is at fault.
If the charger display the same with either batteries then the odds are the charger is at fault.

As your charger works through the small balance leads it would be worth checking that there is a voltage shown between each lead, The charger will not work if there is a broken connection on any of the wires between the battery and the balance plug.
I hope this helps.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Thanks for the reply
does that mean that I need to buy a new charger and battery?
Henry,
I'm assuming that you don't have friends that fly. If you have a hobby shop near you then take your battery and see if they'll check it for you. If you're buying online then buy both. If the charger is bad then you'll have two batteries which is a good thing. If it's the battery that's bad then you can send the new charger back for a refund.