Solved 2 receiver setup?

OliverW

Legendary member
I am building a plane right now and I dont have enough receiver channels and can't run any y-harnesses. How would you run 2 receivers on spektrum? Thanks in advance

FDS

Elite member
He might still not have enough TX channels.
OP is talking about using two serial receivers to get more channels on the same build, not binding more receivers to the TX.

Andrew

G'day Mate
Nevermind just did some research and found out spektrum can't use 2 receivers
Yes you can,
2 receiver's bound to the same model memory and having both receivers working at the same time. I've done it, Eurofighter Typhoon model with no undercarriage with a independent steerable dolly, both receivers operating from the same transmitter at the same time.

Corbarrad

Yes you can,
2 receiver's bound to the same model memory and having both receivers working at the same time. I've done it, Eurofighter Typhoon model with no undercarriage with a independent steerable dolly, both receivers operating from the same transmitter at the same time.
I think SquirrelTail wants to use two receivers to drive different parts of the airplane, like one four channel doing left throttle, aileron, rudder, and elevator while the other one drives right throttle, aileron rudder and flaps or something.
For some reason he can't use a 6 ch and run wires, though (I'm thinking of a twin boom wir really, really big separation between the booms or something detachable that has control surfaces and/or needs to be able to deploy a parachute after separation...), or maybe two 4-channels are cheaper than one 8-channel RX.
Maybe you can enlighten us on that, @SquirrelTail?

Reactions: FDS

OliverW

Legendary member
I think SquirrelTail wants to use two receivers to drive different parts of the airplane, like one four channel doing left throttle, aileron, rudder, and elevator while the other one drives right throttle, aileron rudder and flaps or something.
For some reason he can't use a 6 ch and run wires, though (I'm thinking of a twin boom wir really, really big separation between the booms or something detachable that has control surfaces and/or needs to be able to deploy a parachute after separation...), or maybe two 4-channels are cheaper than one 8-channel RX.
Maybe you can enlighten us on that, @SquirrelTail?
So I was trying to run two six channel receivers on my DX9 and then my dad who is like a RC plane genius told me that on spektrum transmitters you can't, he has tried before but with Futaba you can... Also I probably will just buy a 8 channel receiver on amazon.

L Edge

Master member
So I was trying to run two six channel receivers on my DX9 and then my dad who is like a RC plane genius told me that on spektrum transmitters you can't, he has tried before but with Futaba you can... Also I probably will just buy a 8 channel receiver on amazon.

Concerns in flying the "big ones" is insure your rx signals are always good.

Spektrum has a flightlog (SPM9540) that keep tracks of your holds, antenna fades and your frame losses. I strongly suggest your purchase that.

Secondly, you should purchase a rx that has enough channels and a system that has a redundant battery system so if one dies, the other takes over. I have an AR9100 that has 2 power supplies as well as 4 external antennas as well as the flight log. If you gang the servos and one binds up, good chance you can save it. By putting 3 antennas(one 36 " away from the ignition, it solved my problems.

Talke to the IMAA guys and see if there have any other suggestions. Big plane mean big bucks.

Bricks

Master member

I do not want to argue but yes you can bind 2 Spektrum receivers to 1 Spektrum transmitter put both receivers into bind mode then bind to the transmitter. Use channel configuration to determine which channels control what. You will not have more channels then what your transmitter is capable of.