200% Comet Fokker DVII

Seahunter

Here's my little 24" Fokker DVII I built from scratch from an old Comet plan I saved from years ago. The original had a 12" wingspan. I recall flying it with rubber power free flight.I enlarged the plan on my printer and managed to tape it together. I wish I knew how to tile them and make them come out right like the Sponz does. I got carried away with the build and it came out way too heavy for flying, it would be a rocket as there's a 280 motor in it and it's covered in monocote. looks great on the wall though. I made the machine guns from an old aluminum arrowshaft. I robbed the receiver for another project. I do a lot more building than I do flying.
GOPR0128 - Copy.JPG
GOPR0127.JPG
GOPR0451.JPG
GOPR0124 - Copy.JPG
G0040125.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice!! I have a couple rubber powered kits I plan to convert to UM electric. I even have a Veron 24” Cub that will be electric.

Seahunter

You say its too heavy to fly. How heavy is it?
Sorry haven't read this thread in awhile, I didn't remember the exact weight, so I just weighed it. it weighs in at 9.2 ounces without a receiver and battery. Those wheels , the guns and the iron on covering is the reason its so heavy, also the fuselage is covered with sheet balsa. I made the wing struts from wire and the radiator is screen wire. I said the motor was a 280 size. but it looks larger to me now. I decided to make it a hanger since I put so much time into it. I plan to build the FT mini DVII to go with my mini SE5. I posted a picture of it under the repairs, tips and shares see Adams foam board tip. Thanks for your reply.

TooJung2Die

Master member
What would be the AUW, 12 ounces? With a total wingspan of about 46 inches that isn't too heavy to fly. But I can understand your reluctance to risk crashing it if you spent a lot of time detailing it.

kdobson83

What would be the AUW, 12 ounces? With a total wingspan of about 46 inches that isn't too heavy to fly. But I can understand your reluctance to risk crashing it if you spent a lot of time detailing it.
That's what I was thinking. 260gram airframe with electronics except battery is pretty light. I'm pretty sure my painted up FT SE5 weighs more than that. But yeah, the risk of crashing something you put a lot of time into is always there.