200% Quadratwirl (original by Al Foot)

200% Quadratwirl (original by Al Foot) 1.0

Please log in to download

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Ryan O. submitted a new resource:

200% Quadratwirl (original by Al Foot) - Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, the didn't stop to think if they should

What's better than two rotors, one wing, and two control surfaces? Four rotors, two wings, and 3 control surfaces. So, after modifying the Twin Twirl for foam board the Quadratwirl was the next logical step, and should be a fun combat plane for Flite Fest 2022.
(I will update the thread with pictures of the mine once I finish building it)
Here's a picture of a normal scale quadratwirl:
View attachment 224588

Parts list:
  • foam board (of course)
  • Power Pack C motor or larger...

Read more about this resource...

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Another Flite Fest build nears completion. I just need to wait for the 3D printed parts to finish printing and with another hour of work it’s ready to fly.
image.jpg

This isn’t my cleanest or lightest build ever, but it’s just going up in combat so it doesn’t really make a difference. The build instructions will be updated once I finish everything because I’ve found a couple easier ways to do things.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
The quadratwirl’s complete except for the rudder servo since I ran out, but that is only a 3 minute job to attach once I get one. It’s quite a large and heavy plane (combat wing for scale) but I think the C pack on 4s with an irresponsible prop should be enough to stay in the air. During a throttle test I noticed the fuselage would start visibly wobbling and vibrating like crazy at certain points in the throttle range, so I’ll have to make sure to stay away from those.
image.jpg

Tench745

Master member
The quadratwirl’s complete except for the rudder servo since I ran out, but that is only a 3 minute job to attach once I get one. It’s quite a large and heavy plane (combat wing for scale) but I think the C pack on 4s with an irresponsible prop should be enough to stay in the air. During a throttle test I noticed the fuselage would start visibly wobbling and vibrating like crazy at certain points in the throttle range, so I’ll have to make sure to stay away from those.
Any chance the vibrating is from an unbalanced prop?