200g fpv Bonsai

steadly1

my latest flying contraption,

13040011.jpg
13040012.jpg
13040013.jpg

the airframe is a hobbyking bonsai, it has an 808 #16v2 cam, my own design 5.8 ghz video tx (under 10 grams:)) i soldered a buss type servo wiring harness
i flew it today los and its okay, cog is a bit to far back, hopefuly fpv this thing tomoro ;)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Cool! That thing is tiny.
Aww, drive the cg back as far as you can and load it with Expo. (please don't actually!)

steadly1

i did my 3rd fpv flight today, the first 2 where in low light so the recorded video footage is real bad. today was a bit windy, but i got it flying, but i ran out memory on my sd card :(
it flies okay, its a bit twitchy like most small planes, and very sensitive to cog
its strong tho, ive crashed it full pelt vertically down twice (flying behind trees and forgetting to turn camera on :p) , both times its survived almost unharmed
hopefully ill have a vid of it flying up soon

steadly1

Hi there, Did you use the KeyChain cam for "Live output"? I didn't think the #808 had that feature.

Dan.

yes the "808#16 V2" has live out. the live out is not the best image quality and its in a 16:9 aspect rasio but is quite fliable,

i broke that camera at the end of that vid /\ , i have a 600 tvline securitycamera2000 one now, video ies heaps better but it cant record.
i have an osd in the mail for this little puppy to : )

my last flight,

Dan Phelps

Village Idiot :)
Awesome dude! I'm in the process of building a new FPV platform, i have the sony 700tvl and so far it looks great. (haven't flown it yet i have it on a test board and i got my girlfriend to wonder round the field with it)

Dan.

knife-edge

my latest flying contraption,

View attachment 9526
View attachment 9527
View attachment 9528

the airframe is a hobbyking bonsai, it has an 808 #16v2 cam, my own design 5.8 ghz video tx (under 10 grams:)) i soldered a buss type servo wiring harness
i flew it today los and its okay, cog is a bit to far back, hopefuly fpv this thing tomoro ;)

What electronics setup are you using? I want to do the exact same thing!!!!!

Thanks,
Knife-edge

eagle4

Your own 5.8vtx? Does it transmit on a fatshark frequency? Or have you got some dominates and have your own module for it. What kind of range do you get with it? Having such a light vtx is brilliant. I'd love to know more.

How does the bonsai fly? With the extra weight do you need to keep it flying fast? Or does it slow down pretty nicely?

Dave

steadly1

I don't fly this any more,but it had an honorable demise. :p

i used my own receiver, they operate on the foxtec frequency's, there not fatshark compatible. i took it out 800m with good video. i now use 1.3 ghz, my next micro fpv will have a foxtec 1.3 ghx 200mw vtx

the last setup i had was 2*500 mah 3s battery mounted in the wing (trappy zephyr style),
one of those 10$ osd's,
a security camera 2000 600 tv line camera with a servo pan,
36 mhz corona receiver,
24 gram motor 6" prop (i think)
and a heap of hotglue :p

im not sure what the all up weight of that was, but it handled it fine! still flew slow and easy to launch, as long as the c/g is corect, c/g on theese small wings is crucial, within millimeters.

hope that helps! let us know how you go,