2017/2018 Balsa Build Along, SIG HOG BIPE ELECTRIC CONVERSION

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I think there was instructions in the manual, but I will check for you when I get home tonight and scan them in if I find them. Were packing the house up for moving, so it may be later tonight. I may have some details in my build thread too, I have really detailed build threads.
I already took my plane apart for moving, I need to build a box for the fuse still. This plane is a powerhouse with the Scorpion setup I have in it. It came out on the heavy side with my mods, but the plane is a joy to fly, just has a fast landing speed. The lower wing build starts on post# 70.

Last edited:

GameEngineer

This build is certainly bookmarked along with Walter3d's similar build at rcgroups.
I couldn't find the dual instructions in the printed manual that came with the kit (copyright 1995) nor the PDF manual that looks updated but no copyright date. You have a lot on your plate with moving so don't worry about it right now. I'm in no rush. I might PM you later once I actually get to that point in the build. I can hit Sig up too. They are really good with customer service. I've had questions on their 1/5 J3 Cub and they are very helpful. On the phone they told me they had a fire in their wood cutting room back in January which accounts for their delays in new kits. That's a bad place to have a fire!

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I think it was a separate piece of paper, I think I made some mods of my own too, in order to beef it up...

GameEngineer

I would be more concerned about placement since its not on the plans so if the instructions weren't clear on that then maybe its mute. Your posts have good pictures for what to do anyway. I emailed Sig too, maybe they have one. I'm not going to blow a gasket if I can't find it though. :)

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Goodbye Hog Bipe...for a while...
IMG_0765.JPG

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Hog Bipe maintenance complete and flight ready. Im just not sure I am ready to fly this masterpiece again yet...

Attachments

• B450096B-1D1A-4EB0-990E-953869DDE731.jpeg
    B450096B-1D1A-4EB0-990E-953869DDE731.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 0

mdanemann

I'm so happy to have found this thread! I bought this kit way back in 2011 with plans to build it over a winter, but life (and divorce) got in the way. I just got it out and am going to build it and use your mods. I have a motor from an FMS Trojan (4250/680) that I think will work well. Thanks for all the effort you put into this.