2018 Flite Test Forum Challenge: WWII Design & Build

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It's perfectly fine to take on the same plane as other folks - if you're interested in it, go for it!

Michael9865

Elite member
Hi! Just found this thread a little while ago. Looks like fun and I'd like to join. Just have one question; I saw that Michael763 posted something about the Lockheed L-133 but also talked about some other stuff. Is he building that one or one of the other planes?

Raccoonworks, Go for it. I was building the Miles M.20, but had to bow out. Good Luck

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I wonder how many peoples actually finished their entry.
I know my plane flew but it's nowhere near done, doesn't have any internal structure for the EDF or the promised landing gears (I don't have a 3d printer) and and it's still too complex for me. Not to say that I don't have anything to paint it either, my attention span for it is long expired and im going in the mountains in two days so I won't be able to quickly finish it either.

I will try to get it done eventually but I have no idea when.

HilldaFlyer

Well, I think I'm in the same boat. Plans done, Maiden x5 done, build log done, color = white because it is too cold to paint. I'll be done by FF2018 and have a good time zipping around.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've been checking in with all the threads every couple weeks and marking the entry as "Successful Flight" when we have liftoff. Quite a few are up and flying, and I expect this week we'll see some more in the air :)

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
The Daimler Benz Projekt B is finally done now that I've just finished uploading builder's guides with links provided in the first post in that thread. I'll try to get a video up of the parasite gliders flying in a little bit, and then we'll have everything done to a level that's perhaps a little over the top. It's been a rewarding project. Time for me to move on to the next big thing... :)

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
I think I can make it fly this week, but theres bad weather, so what happens when we have no sucsessfull flight video, but a video that shows that the plane works? Or can we get more time so that everyone has the chance to finish the plane?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I think I can make it fly this week, but theres bad weather, so what happens when we have no sucsessfull flight video, but a video that shows that the plane works? Or can we get more time so that everyone has the chance to finish the plane?

If you can post a video showing the plane works I'll include the entry in the scoring process, but it won't have quite as high of a score for that section as a video showing flight.

And no matter what the timing & scoring is, I hope to see all of these planes in the air! Getting people into the joy of researching and designing and building doesn't have an end date after all :) During last year's competition I got the award for 'most improved after the contest ended' :cool:

Fidget

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
IM DONE !
I created an EDF powerpod and figured out a way to install F-pack on the same base.
Video and probably flight video coming tomorrow!
Plane is ready to fly and all funktions are working!

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Well, think I'm done, and got in just under the wire. It's 9:50pm here lol.

Flapjack is completed and flight tested. Plans with proper CG and control throws are done and posted, build log is done and posted, and all the optional 3D printable parts are uploaded and posted as well.