2018 Flite Test Forum Challenge: WWII Design & Build

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Congratz to Localfiend and Sponz. I said that was the dream team early in the competition hehe. Did not expect anything less then perfection from you guys.

After watching all this unfold I am amazed at the over all talent within our community even more so then before. We obviously have always had our stand outs but many more have stepped up and produced awesome works over the course of this process. Great job to all. I only wish I had the means to try each one of these as this theme for a build competition has been great to see unfold.

Also AMAZING job by Mr. Jonathan for stepping up with leading this and keeping it all so organized and efficient. I know what an extra workload this has been on you these past few months specially after taking over leadership of your real life club on top of family things, job and real life in general. We need to find some way to award your efforts in support of this years build competition. I am proud to be part of team Rockyboy even though my efforts this round have been less then stellar in the process up to this point and you have shouldered the lions share for our team.

Well done to all and I look forward to see some or all of these designs in the air at some point over time from many different builders.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Hey, I really want to say a big thank you to Rockyboy for starting this. This challenge is what advanced me from simply building FT designs, to making my own. I can really see the progression, from the Ki-98, to the Arado, to my F-15 and F-86, my skills improved a lot, and this competition started me on that. Thank you, Rockyboy, I can't wait for the next challenge!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hey, I really want to say a big thank you to Rockyboy for starting this. This challenge is what advanced me from simply building FT designs, to making my own. I can really see the progression, from the Ki-98, to the Arado, to my F-15 and F-86, my skills improved a lot, and this competition started me on that. Thank you, Rockyboy, I can't wait for the next challenge!

Thank you! This is awesome to hear! You're doing great designs, and I'm happy to have been part of the inspiration.
:applause:

With last year's challenge, Josh Orchard got me over the bump and into designing for the first time too, and now I've paid it forward. Thank you!

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
FTFC'18 WWII Trading Card Collection

How about a trading card collection of the FTFC'18 WWII models?
Simply for presentation or small giveaway at the next FliteFest?

TC_AP_Ki-94-I.jpg

For this I need the following data:
  • wingspan (in or mm)
  • center of gravity (in or mm)
  • all up weight (oz or g)
and the recommended setup:
  • wich FT Power Pack?
  • servos (quantity | 5g or 9g)
  • battery (mAh | s)
  • motor size
  • motor kv
  • ESC (How much A?)
  • propeller size (perhaps CW & CCW?)
and a nice photo!

Dear designers:
If you would like to have cards of your builds for the community, please share the data and a photo of your build here! ;)

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

Dear designers:
If you would like to have cards of your builds for the community, please share the data and a photo of your build here! ;)

This would be awesome!! Thank you so much for doing this!! :applause:

FW-42 Mini Canard Bomber

20171110_224619-800x450.jpg

• wingspan (in or mm) 42 inches / 1066 mm
  • center of gravity (in or mm) 17 in / 430mm
  • all up weight (oz / g) 24oz / 682 g
  • wich FT Power Pack? Twin F
  • servos (quantity | 5g or 9g) 3x9g
  • battery (mAh | s) 1800mah 3s
  • motor size 2206
  • motor kv 2000kv+
  • ESC (How much A?) 12 amp
  • propeller size (perhaps CW & CCW?) 6x30 CW & CCW

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That's awesome!! Going to print one out to sit next to the awesome card you did for my Caudron design last year! :applause:

Thank you so much!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
WOOT!! nice job with the cards once again mate. I may be a tad biased but this one looks extra special hehe. Rockyboy did an awesome job on this one. Will there be cards for the full scale builds for the competition as well?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate

For this I need the following data:
  • wingspan (in or mm)
  • center of gravity (in or mm)
  • all up weight (in or mm)
  • wich FT Power Pack?
  • servos (quantity | 5g or 9g)
  • battery (mAh | s)
  • motor size
  • motor kv
  • ESC (How much A?)
  • propeller size (perhaps CW & CCW?)
and a nice photo!

Dear designers:

AUW in inches or millimeters? lol. you mean grams or oz/pounds
i love typos. so funny. earlier i said i had been IN ice all day. i meant ON ice (ice fishing) but IN is much different lol.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
That's awesome!! Going to print one out to sit next to the awesome card you did for my Caudron design last year! :applause:
Thank you so much!!
You're welcome! :D

WOOT!! nice job with the cards once again mate. I may be a tad biased but this one looks extra special hehe. Rockyboy did an awesome job on this one. Will there be cards for the full scale builds for the competition as well?
Thank you very much! Yes, he did an awesome job on the FW-42. The card template is waiting for new data and photos. So, there will also be cards for the Full Scale builds for the competition, provided that the data and photos are published here.

AUW in inches or millimeters? lol. you mean grams or oz/pounds
i love typos. so funny. ...
That was a test and you also passed it! ;)
Joking aside: That was a classic copy/paste mistake. But since everyone knows which units belong to the AUW, it is... just funny! I'm about to change it. Thanks for the tip.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Here you go! ;)
View attachment 102363
View attachment 102364

Do you want something changed?​

Love the card AircPirateNinsei. Great Job :applause:

@AircPirateNinsei - Do you have a problem if I piggyback on the information for my game?
I think we talked about having this
I was thinking on having expansion sets for my FTCG based on the contests here throughout the year(s). Would be a lot of fun and a great promotional tools for the Forums all around. So, pick the game what suits your fancy. My game is not for everyone. yours is simple and easy and fun. Mine is more complex and fun and can be a great learning tool.

Challenge Promotion Idea:
For example. Each vendor "sponsors" a contestant in the list of challenge projects. and they have a Card at their table. You visit them and get a card. to promote it at events Lists are given out with your ticket and entry to events. Collect 'em all.

Challenge Participants - Your thoughts?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Love the card AircPirateNinsei. Great Job :applause:

@AircPirateNinsei - Do you have a problem if I piggyback on the information for my game?
I think we talked about having this
I was thinking on having expansion sets for my FTCG based on the contests here throughout the year(s). Would be a lot of fun and a great promotional tools for the Forums all around. So, pick the game what suits your fancy. My game is not for everyone. yours is simple and easy and fun. Mine is more complex and fun and can be a great learning tool.

Challenge Promotion Idea:
For example. Each vendor "sponsors" a contestant in the list of challenge projects. and they have a Card at their table. You visit them and get a card. to promote it at events Lists are given out with your ticket and entry to events. Collect 'em all.

Challenge Participants - Your thoughts?

wait these are two seperate games?
also wicked plane!!!!

edit: woah! just read the first post! too much info for me!

Last edited:

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
@FoamyDM
Thank you very much! :D
Yes, we talked about it. Of course I have no problem if you piggyback the information for your game.

I want to publish an add-on for my card game "Foam Board Planes". With the release of V1.0 of the basic game, i will rename it into "FliteTest Trumps". Unfortunately there are no further feedbacks with data and photos. Please publish the data and photos of your FTFC aircrafts.

I like your challenge promotion idea! I am curious to see what the other participants think.

@Daniel Kezar
Two? No, three! ;)
Have fun!

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
@FoamyDM
Yes, we talked about it. Of course I have no problem if you piggyback the information for your game.

I want to publish an add-on for my card game "Foam Board Planes". With the release of V1.0 of the basic game, i will rename it into "FliteTest Trumps". Unfortunately there are no further feedbacks with data and photos. Please publish the data and photos of your FTFC aircrafts.

I like your challenge promotion idea! I am curious to see what the other participants think.

@Daniel Kezar
Two? No, three! ;)
Have fun!

sooo maaanyyyyyy plaaannnesssssss......

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
@FoamyDM

@Daniel Kezar
Two? No, three! ;)
Have fun!

i have two. wheres number three? also are the rules of the game in the file as well? if not, where can those be found? i did not see them in the first post.