2018 Flite Test Forum Challenge: WWII Design & Build

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
There are three card games so far:
All three are linked in the first post of the thread CARD GAME: Foam Board Planes.

Right, Three. I think I missed the rules on the first one. I thought of them as more of a collectible card set. :black_eyed: Sorry.

The counting of the card games shall be three... no more, no less. Five is right out. Sorry my February challenge is kicking my butt.
Side note - you joining in AircPirateNinsei? FTFMM-MARCH-MADNESS-FTF-STYLE!!!

Raccoonworks

Save your Trash!! Myles
Hi! Before New year's, I asked if I could do a lockheed l-133 and I was given permission but I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been working on it but life and "builder's block" have gotten in my way. Is it okay if I still go on ahead with the project as apart of the build off? Thanks for your time!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hi! Before New year's, I asked if I could do a lockheed l-133 and I was given permission but I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been working on it but life and "builder's block" have gotten in my way. Is it okay if I still go on ahead with the project as apart of the build off? Thanks for your time!

Build on! It's absolutely valid for the contest since intention was given in the timeframe!

So come on in, the water's fine, the natives are friendly, and we're ready to cheer you on! :applause:

FoamyDM

@ AircPirateNinsei - Excellent and done.

@Rockyboy - Have you called out to see who might be taking these design builds and testing them?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
@Rockyboy - Have you called out to see who might be taking these design builds and testing them?

Haven't tried to count them up yet, but was thinking of getting an 'entrants list' going for each of the Flite Fest events that could track additional people building these. I would hope that other folks who are building will be posting back in the designers thread with some pictures too!

FoamyDM

That would be cool. Most people want to see a proven model before launching into a build. (that rules mine out [so far])

I suppose I can PDF the plans as-is and see if anyone want to carry forward from where I got to. Using my plans as the jumping point.

Add me as an entrant for the XF5U FlapJack by LocalFiend and SPONZ. After my challenges are over I will ensure it is finished before July.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
i wanna build that flapjack by the end of this year so if someone would keep bugging me a couple times a month to get on it that would be great.

FoamyDM

Daniel, You got it rough.

The Flapjack is so far a really cool but a complex build. If I chose to spray paint, I might have had it mostly built. But for the build experience alone it is worthy to be on the SOMEDAY list.

...and by SOMEDAY we mean March 3rd :p :cool;

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Daniel, You got it rough.

The Flapjack is so far a really cool but a complex build. If I chose to spray paint, I might have had it mostly built. But for the build experience alone it is worthy to be on the SOMEDAY list.

...and by SOMEDAY we mean March 3rd :p :cool;

haha! okay you have me convinced! saturday the 3rd it is! i will at least tape plans together then. ;):D:cool:

Raccoonworks

Save your Trash!! Myles
Build on! It's absolutely valid for the contest since intention was given in the timeframe!

So come on in, the water's fine, the natives are friendly, and we're ready to cheer you on! :applause:

Thanks! I will post stuff when I can. Can't wait for y'all to see it!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I am thinking of designing an allied plane but my dad and I have no electronics or foam, and I only have a mental image of it

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I am thinking of designing an allied plane but my dad and I have no electronics or foam, and I only have a mental image of it

you can get electronics and foam for a decent sized plane for under 100 bucks if you go for really cheap stuff.
25 for tx and rx
7 for motor
12 for esc
10 for battery
10 for servos
4 for foam board
and a charger. i have yet to find a cheap and good charger so...

68 total + charger and shipping.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Actually, we are getting electronics on hobbyking soon and I am pretty sure that it is power pack C equivalent because it was used on the original spitfire and baby blender. C twin that is. By the way, does anybody know what battery comes with the C pack, and also, do I have to use the same thing for the challenge.