2018 Flite Test Forum Challenge: WWII Design & Build

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Dr. Looping Looie
Lippisch P13a
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...igned-by-Dr-Looping-Looie&p=369129#post369129
2a30eb5d35f12246b092a0195aa1014a.jpg

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I haven't personally made a build thread, but the beginning it outlines all that you need for the contest in there. And from what I've seen in a build thread you just document your build process and answer questions from the community members.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Very nice plane, kinda looks like the EF-112 Damo is making, you could share some build techniques on that one!
I added you to the list of Team Luftwaffe

Last edited:

MrFowl

Could we do a quick head count for who's going to FF South? (I don't want to high-jack the thread, not sure if I should start another thread or just keep it quick over here). I'd like to meet up with some of you if possible.

I've set aside this whole week to work on the Goblin... hoping to get some plans together by middle of next week. It would be cool to have a mini build off at FFS with you guys. Maybe a paper plate challenge or something like that.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Could we do a quick head count for who's going to FF South? (I don't want to high-jack the thread, not sure if I should start another thread or just keep it quick over here). I'd like to meet up with some of you if possible.

I've set aside this whole week to work on the Goblin... hoping to get some plans together by middle of next week. It would be cool to have a mini build off at FFS with you guys. Maybe a paper plate challenge or something like that.

I'll be there with CraftyDan. We have cool planes to fly. :D

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
AXIS unite

Are all of the Axis in Team Luftwaffe?

I have not stepped over that threshold. I have select ALL Russian Craft. (stupid experimental Russian Planes book)

I haven't found an AXIS site. (haven't looked to hard.)

Am I missing something?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The link the the Team Luftwaffe thread is in my signature.
Btw there is no Team Allies thread, maybe you should create one.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not at this point - family trip that was going to put us in Orlando at the right time is on the budget cutting block and not sure if it'll survive or not.

I wasn't planning to open sub-treads for the FliteFest Challenge portions of this challenge until the 2018 ones rolled around and the design part of the competition was complete. But if someone wants to organize a local building / designing / mentoring session related to the challenge at FFS17 that would be awesome and I'll happily add a link to that thread in the main posts for others to find more easily.

I have not stepped over that threshold. I have select ALL Russian Craft. (stupid experimental Russian Planes book)

I haven't found an AXIS site. (haven't looked to hard.)

Am I missing something?

I haven't seen an AXIS team site yet either - care to create and moderate one?

Cool. Perhaps divisions or squadrons might be in order. I sort of like the sound of "...with Rising Sun Clusters". :eek:

That would be cool!

I know there are some killer graphics gurus on both the AXIS and Luftwaffe teams that might be inspired to create squadron insignia for those of us that are challenged in that department :p

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
I wasn't planning to open sub-treads for the FliteFest Challenge portions of this challenge until the 2018 ones rolled around and the design part of the competition was complete. But if someone wants to organize a local building / designing / mentoring session related to the challenge at FFS17 that would be awesome and I'll happily add a link to that thread in the main posts for others to find more easily.

I'm not interested in doing the organizing because I just don't have the time, but I'd happily participate. Can someone give FT a holler and get them in on covering it? I think this whole thing is a really fun group effort and their viewers would likely enjoy it.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So as a sort of status check for everyone, I went through all the threads this morning looking for succesfull maiden flights.

Team Luftwaffe: 6
Allied Forces of Flight Test: 3.5

Why the .5? There is certainly video proof of attempted flight on the SAM-7, but sustained controlled flight is a bit debatable still :p

Remember final entries need to have all three key elements - plans posted, build instructions (the low bar is pics of the build in the thread) and video proof of flight.

And there are about 10 weeks left to go on the clock - plenty of time to get these awesome projects in the air! :applause:

Heck, that's even plenty of time to start a new plane for this challenge too :)