2018 Flite Test Forum Challenge: WWII Design & Build

Spacewalker

Great Catch Hai-Lee,

Fitting as I have an entry on both sides,... don't ya think? (not to mention Choosing the Eagle with the Yellow Belly FW-42) :black_eyed:

Axis Entry-Bv141:
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...s-BV-141/page2

Allied Entry G-38:
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...by-SpaceWalker

For those interested:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claus_von_Stauffenberg

That said,.. In real life I've served in the US Army for 22 Years (& with many a good lad from Australia(I even have Aussie Para-Wings from a jump exchange,... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!))
Cheers Mate

Last edited:

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Thank you for your service! I really can not say that enough. Its great to have you here on the forums! I also can not wait to see how your entries turn out, they are all planes that I would like to build after the plans are released. (and when I can find the time to do so, I have finished building my FT3D just recently and that alone took 2 months. And the kicker is that I still haven't maidened it yet!)

Spacewalker

Sadly the model is of a German Officer who is famous for trying to blow up Hitler. Search Col Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg. He was executed as a traitor in 1942 I believe.

My understanding is that he lost his hand and eye on the Russian front.

Have fun!

Even better that my other entry is a Ruski, LOL!

Spacewalker

Thank you for your service! I really can not say that enough. Its great to have you here on the forums! I also can not wait to see how your entries turn out, they are all planes that I would like to build after the plans are released. (and when I can find the time to do so, I have finished building my FT3D just recently and that alone took 2 months. And the kicker is that I still haven't maidened it yet!)

Foam Test,

Thanks brother,... it's really all the good folks at home like yourselves that made several tours worth it,... I'm humbled for your thanks & will gladly make an effort to offer the plans up as per "Das Rules"!

Congrats on the FT3D Completeion!!!!!!!!!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Sadly the model is of a German Officer who is famous for trying to blow up Hitler.
Why is that sad?

I recognized it too because of the recent (but not only) movie about him.
large_54GgkO63zZyJJb5Fk2CKvNIoUvr.jpg

For sure, thank you for your service. I'm always happy to express that as are many here. You are in good company with several prior service and also some active duty.

I am curious about Spacewalker as a name. Is that for the plane or something else?

Spacewalker

Why is that sad?

I recognized it too because of the recent (but not only) movie about him.
View attachment 96975

For sure, thank you for your service. I'm always happy to express that as are many here. You are in good company with several prior service and also some active duty.

I am curious about Spacewalker as a name. Is that for the plane or something else?

Again,... I'm humbled,... was a good job & I loved it.

... as for the name,... I have purchased a set of fullsize Spacewalker II Plans,... I'm a Fabricator by trade (Welding/Machining/Sheetmetal etc,...) Retiring next Month & figure old guys are supposed to build & Fly stuff,... (also grabbed up Pietenpol plans from Andy (& found a set for a Travel Air Mystery ship just to admire))

Michael9865

Elite member
Miles M.20 Project

Unfortunately, a family emergency is requiring me to be away from home and in Pennsylvania for a while. If anyone would like to take over the Miles M.20 project, http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?35933-Miles-M-20-Design-amp-Build-Off, let me know and I can forward the SketchUp files, plans, and prints. Or I can collaborate if someone wants to do the building and I do the plans that is fine, I have my laptop and files with me.

Zephyr1

Elite member
I'd like to do a second project, it is one that already being done by JollyOldBrits, but I'm going to create an Arado Ar. 555-3 Amerika Bomber. This variant is different from JOB's because as you can see, there is only one engine (much nicer on my wallet) and not six. :)

arado.gif

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Unfortunately, a family emergency is requiring me to be away from home and in Pennsylvania for a while. If anyone would like to take over the Miles M.20 project, http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?35933-Miles-M-20-Design-amp-Build-Off, let me know and I can forward the SketchUp files, plans, and prints. Or I can collaborate if someone wants to do the building and I do the plans that is fine, I have my laptop and files with me.

Best wishes, and I hope we can find someone here in the forums interested in jumping in on a team with you. It's a great looking project and if I didn't have such a deep 'get it done by christmas' project list I'd jump myself.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'd like to do a second project, it is one that already being done by JollyOldBrits, but I'm going to create an Arado Ar. 555-3 Amerika Bomber. This variant is different from JOB's because as you can see, there is only one engine (much nicer on my wallet) and not six. :)

View attachment 97623

Excellent! :applause: I really like that variation :)

Can you post up a link to the build thread so I can get this properly added to the list?

Thanks!

It appears Turkey is an allied force in the war, but never saw combat.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

"In April 1944, Turkey halted its sales of Chromite to Germany, and broke off relations in August. Turkey declared war on the Axis powers in February, 1945, after the Allies made its invitation to the inaugural meeting of the United Nations (along with the invitations of several other nations) conditional on full belligerency. No Turkish troops ever saw combat."

Raccoonworks

Save your Trash!! Myles
Hi! Just found this thread a little while ago. Looks like fun and I'd like to join. Just have one question; I saw that Michael763 posted something about the Lockheed L-133 but also talked about some other stuff. Is he building that one or one of the other planes?