• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! 2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Rockyboy - does this thing count?

Focke-Wulf Fw Triebflugel

2 configurations i see -
1. Use the contra rotating prop (hollow shaft) motor and have a shaft that connects the lower and upper sections with a modified variable pitch blade
2. Have a large bearing rings (like lazy suzans) with three EDFs.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

2 configurations i see -
1. Use the contra rotating prop (hollow shaft) motor and have a shaft that connects the lower and upper sections with a modified variable pitch blade
Umm.. yeah - that's some serious fantasy aircraft design right there o_O

2 configurations i see -
If you go heavy duty, these are the types of bearings you may want although bearings are pretty heavy. You may want something sturdy and with more weight in the center anyway to help with stability. Combined Load Bearings
Getting the balance will be the hardest thing I think but it will look incredible no matter how you design it!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
So, I would like to see if there are any takers for this?:

images.jpg CrimsonHunterPS2.jpg CrimsonHunterSide.jpg

The Warhammer 40k, Eldar Crimson Hunter.
Inspired from spying it here at my local Hobbytown:
IMG_20180930_120823644.jpg IMG_20180930_120830491.jpg IMG_20180930_120826894.jpg
9+ projects is enough for me this winter. (I'm not counting the flying pirate ship...yet). But I might ready plans.

Im a little confused are these aircraft that have never flown at all or flown but failed aircraft aswell.. I wouldnt mind doing the xh-84h if thats the case.. I also feel like this whole thread could be minimized to lockheed designs and still have enough to go around :p.

Im a little confused are these aircraft that have never flown at all or flown but failed aircraft aswell.. I wouldnt mind doing the xh-84h if thats the case.. I also feel like this whole thread could be minimized to lockheed designs and still have enough to go around :p.
My understanding is it has to be an aircraft that didnt make it past concept phase. So if it was actually flown and abandoned or if it was flown but crashed and abandoned that would leave it out. That said, I cant find the X-84 anywhere, did you mean the X-44 by Lockheed?

Edit: I found the X-84, I dont think it would be eligible since it was flown but abandoned for impracticality, its rockyboys call though.

My understanding is it has to be an aircraft that didnt make it past concept phase. So if it was actually flown and abandoned or if it was flown but crashed and abandoned that would leave it out. That said, I cant find the X-84 anywhere, did you mean the X-44 by Lockheed?

Edit: I found the X-84, I dont think it would be eligible since it was flown but abandoned for impracticality, its rockyboys call though.
yeah no biggy.. Ill keep looking.. maybe Ill do it later down the line anyway. Havent rly made up my mind for this yet.. Keep thinkin about some planetside 2 action or the jets from the new independence day.