2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So I have a conundrum... I found the perfect design for an aircraft that I can build for the competition, but I can’t start designing until I finish my Red Bull air race entry. So the question is, should I register before somebody else takes this design (trust me, this design is very popular), or should I just wait and hope that nobody takes it?
Please tell me if you know what I should do. (Yes, I REALLY want this design.)
I'm positive that you can enter your project now and then start working on it later on, and you have 'till the end of february before the scoring even starts:D

b-29er

So I have a conundrum... I found the perfect design for an aircraft that I can build for the competition, but I can’t start designing until I finish my Red Bull air race entry. So the question is, should I register before somebody else takes this design (trust me, this design is very popular), or should I just wait and hope that nobody takes it?

Man this contest all wraps up at flite fest next year. Go ahead, reserve your spot

b-29er

I also think multiple people can build the same plane.
You're probably right, but i still wouldn't without at least asking if you know someone is already doing a design. That way you avoid being "The other (cue plane here)", and you aren't trampling on anyone in particular if your design does well.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
My entry:
Ketchup
WW1 Snoopy flying ace
Thread:https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...ng-ace-designed-by-ketchup.54702/#post-424004
15E4DDB9-0F08-4726-9F32-AE31157DB5BA.jpeg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
LitterBug's Entry:
Terminator Hunter Killer
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...or-hunter-killer-designed-by-litterbug.54703/

After much thought, Many ideas, and many more ADHD moments.... Think I will throw my entry down on a Terminator Hunter Killer. Falls right in line with the bicopter I'm working on and there are several variations from the terminator movies that I can draw from. I've always been intrigued by these when watching the movies.
hk.jpg

t3ahkd00.jpg

Link to my regular BiCopter thread https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/rcexplorer-bicopter-thread.54466/

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

b-29er

LitterBug's Entry:
Terminator Hunter Killer
"LINK WILL BE PUT HERE WHEN THREAD IS READY"

After much thought, Many ideas, and many more ADHD moments.... Think I will throw my entry down on a Terminator Hunter Killer. Falls right in line with the bicopter I'm working on and there are several variations from the terminator movies that I can draw from. I've always been intrigued by these when watching the movies.
View attachment 111730

Cheers!
LitterBug
Bicopter EDF? this will be interesting...good luck!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

We encourage multiple people taking on the same design - everyone will do it a bit differently and bring new ideas and perspectives to the subject, and everyone benefits from that.

That being said, it's perfectly OK to start a build thread with just the intention and let folks know it will be a couple weeks till you start serious work on it. No shame in that at all :D

LOL!! Love it!! :D Have always wanted to build one of these myself - can't wait to see what you do with this! :D

There is also a Tri version with a small EDF on the tail.... Options..... :-D
View attachment 111734

I'm partial to the evil cylon feel of this one myself :D

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Set aside your current project to start design on this one, then set aside this project to start design on the next. Welcome to my disturbed world.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I'm in - now that I have the Red Bull Challenge thing finally off my plate.

Gonna do the Tron Legacy One-Man Light Jet. Already have roughed out plans and I think it will look cool. Have serious doubts about getting it to fly, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it (which is typically after the build is complete and the paint is dry :))

@rockyboy - will start a thread later / tomorrow.

TronLegacy_DanielSimon_gallery_LightJetSmall_01.jpg
screen cap 8.jpg

DamoRC

Pilot_35

I'm in - now that I have the Red Bull Challenge thing finally off my plate.

Gonna do the Tron Legacy One-Man Light Jet. Already have roughed out plans and I think it will look cool. Have serious doubts about getting it to fly, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it (which is typically after the build is complete and the paint is dry :))

@rockyboy - will start a thread later / tomorrow.

View attachment 111859 View attachment 111860

DamoRC
Cool :)

Pilot_35

I don't think I posted here but some might have seen my thread. I chose this plane simply because it looked cool. I have been in the hobby about a year or so. And I have yet to see all the plane movies and read all the books. So If there is one I really need to watch or read tell me. This is the only picture I could find of the plane and I did not see a name with it so anyone got any name suggest? @Ketchup said twin terror
bbd57215a009d2a3a01fd998109673c4.jpg

Have fun!

Last edited: