2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

Aero_Knight

Carlos A Rodriguez [Aero_Knight]
VF-1 Valkyrie
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ftfc19-vf-1-foam-valkyrie-designed-by-carlos-ar.55335/
hsg65792_0.jpg
hsg65725_box_1484524337.jpg

Not sure how far I will get but going to try anyway LOL (Preview):
VF-1 A.png

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Rockyboy - does this thing count?
rotrb-2.jpg

Focke-Wulf Fw Triebflugel

2 configurations i see -
1. Use the contra rotating prop (hollow shaft) motor and have a shaft that connects the lower and upper sections with a modified variable pitch blade
2. Have a large bearing rings (like lazy suzans) with three EDFs.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
rotrb-2.jpg

2 configurations i see -
1. Use the contra rotating prop (hollow shaft) motor and have a shaft that connects the lower and upper sections with a modified variable pitch blade

Umm.. yeah - that's some serious fantasy aircraft design right there o_O

Aero_Knight

rotrb-2.jpg

2 configurations i see -

If you go heavy duty, these are the types of bearings you may want although bearings are pretty heavy. You may want something sturdy and with more weight in the center anyway to help with stability. Combined Load Bearings
Getting the balance will be the hardest thing I think but it will look incredible no matter how you design it!

FoamyDM

So, I would like to see if there are any takers for this?:
m3250268a_99120104032_CrimsonHunter01_873x627_enl.jpg

images.jpg
CrimsonHunterPS2.jpg
CrimsonHunterSide.jpg

The Warhammer 40k, Eldar Crimson Hunter.
Inspired from spying it here at my local Hobbytown:
IMG_20180930_120823644.jpg IMG_20180930_120830491.jpg IMG_20180930_120826894.jpg
9+ projects is enough for me this winter. (I'm not counting the flying pirate ship...yet). But I might ready plans.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
uh, I should probably start working on my own entry. The VG-33 and my job are taking lots of time tho, collab on the Falken anyone?

Fallegon

Im a little confused are these aircraft that have never flown at all or flown but failed aircraft aswell.. I wouldnt mind doing the xh-84h if thats the case.. I also feel like this whole thread could be minimized to lockheed designs and still have enough to go around :p.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Im a little confused are these aircraft that have never flown at all or flown but failed aircraft aswell.. I wouldnt mind doing the xh-84h if thats the case.. I also feel like this whole thread could be minimized to lockheed designs and still have enough to go around :p.

My understanding is it has to be an aircraft that didnt make it past concept phase. So if it was actually flown and abandoned or if it was flown but crashed and abandoned that would leave it out. That said, I cant find the X-84 anywhere, did you mean the X-44 by Lockheed?

Edit: I found the X-84, I dont think it would be eligible since it was flown but abandoned for impracticality, its rockyboys call though.

Fallegon

My understanding is it has to be an aircraft that didnt make it past concept phase. So if it was actually flown and abandoned or if it was flown but crashed and abandoned that would leave it out. That said, I cant find the X-84 anywhere, did you mean the X-44 by Lockheed?

Edit: I found the X-84, I dont think it would be eligible since it was flown but abandoned for impracticality, its rockyboys call though.

yeah no biggy.. Ill keep looking.. maybe Ill do it later down the line anyway. Havent rly made up my mind for this yet.. Keep thinkin about some planetside 2 action or the jets from the new independence day.

JTarmstr

Elite member
yeah no biggy.. Ill keep looking.. maybe Ill do it later down the line anyway. Havent rly made up my mind for this yet.. Keep thinkin about some planetside 2 action or the jets from the new independence day.

The Lockheed X-44 Manta was a concept airplane, it looks really cool if you want to check that one out.

FoamyDM

The Lockheed X-44 Manta was a concept airplane, it looks really cool if you want to check that one out.
that's not a plane, that's just two empty 'alves of coconuts, and you're just bangin' 'em together... with engines and a people pimple!